• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schuberth Concept in the rain

matthew517

Does anyone have a problem with this helmet visor in the rain? My shoei zII was much better getting ride of the rain collected on the visor. Also this helmet has a issue with water collecting on the visor inside when it is cold. :dunno

I have a fog city insert and it stays dry. I can see condensation around the perimeter of the insert, but not where it is placed. the best anti fog will condense moisture eventually when it is really cold out.

speaking of your fog city insert. can you move it from helmet to helmet? (I have one I wear in the winter cuz it is bigger and my shellclava fits underneath it better). Also - where did you buy the insert?
I now return you to the thread....(sorry)

Last edited:
My Schberth is better than my Nolan in the rain. Both these helmets allow for some venting to keep fogging down, Nolan's way had water run down the shield and drip on me now and then, Schuberth is better.

Cliffy777 said:
speaking of your fog city insert. can you move it from helmet to helmet?

Hey Cliff

If yur talk'n the Fog City inserts, they can't me moved to different screens. They cost about $20 and I find if I treat them very very well they last for about 1 year.

They scratch very very easy and attract dirt and dust like mad so that you get a film over the insert in just a few days of ride'n. If ya clean it with clear H2O and yur fingers and dab dry, no wipe!, they do alright.

You get some halo effect at night and after a year or so they start do'n a slight fog up so I replace them.

As for the Schuberth; mine leaked down the inside of the face shield and I never could stop it.

Cliffy, what Rad said. You can move the face shield if the helmets are the same type. I really like them, they are easy to install and if you care for them they will last at least a year.

matthew517 said:
Does anyone have a problem with this helmet visor in the rain? My shoei zII was much better getting ride of the rain collected on the visor. Also this helmet has a issue with water collecting on the visor inside when it is cold. :dunno
We ran through a real frog-drowner last June in Wyoming. My Schuberth didn't leak a drop, while my buddy with an HJC flip-up was getting a lot of water inside.

Back