• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do you pack your tent?

Ian said:
I'd wait and see, too.

Their site says it will hold up a 53-lb kayak... but how gently did they set it on top?

Their site says nothing about wind.

Ian

Nor does it make any claims about resistance to wind pressure generated from inside the tent.......... :fart

mully

Re: Tent Packing

magwa said:
I pack mine in the hotel room.

Hey Magwa I just saw this post with the picture of the Lund Hotel;bike parking on the heli pad was allowed then,but they have now fenced it off.:dunno

You were at the northern terminus of Hwy 101-in my town!!

Give us a heads up next time!

Will Do!

Not surprised that they roped that area off. It was usable and a pleasant place to park. Why should bikes be allowed!! 8^)

Hey! I also met an interesting guy with , I think, a /6. He was a shrimp fisherman from Powell River.

I think he hated the American Government and shared with me several examples of issues that reasonably supported why he should.

I think his first name was Brian, but I'm not sure on that one. He and I shared a common malady. I sent him an extra seat, since his was "holy".

You live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

I'd love to meet you for dinner at one of the restaurants on Powell Lake some time.

Thanks for the note.

Attachments

• lund3.jpeg
    lund3.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 447
How I pack

I learned this from an Airhead buddy about 5 years ago.

I use a large dufflebag with outside pockets.

I put everything I need for the campsite in the dufflebag. I roll my 7x7 Sundome up like a sleeping bag and tie it with a small bungy. My ground cover is a sheet of disposable plastic I throw away.

I use my saddle bags for food and clothing.

Inbetween camping I empty the duffle and check everything and put it back.

This is a highly efficient way for me to stay organized with most everything in one place all the time.

It's worked well for maybe 15 trips so far.

Here's my tent...(shown next to the most photographed cat in the world-Toby for scaling). As you can see, it packs nice and small into it's own stuff sack. It weighs 2.5 lbs (hence the Expedition 2.5 name) and can be purchased from Hennessyhammock.com....here's a pic of it set up, too.

Attachments

• cimg0846.jpg
    cimg0846.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 373
Guess I can't put more than one picture in a post.....there is also a camo fly included but it's not set up in this picture. By the way..the hammock tents are available in other colors besides camo.

Attachments

• cimg0416.jpg
    cimg0416.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 362
As Hellen2Wheels said, "keep the dirty from the clean".
I packed my bag poles first, the fly, the tent, footprint(drop cloth), last. Goes in the order it will be needed. I put it in a duffle and strapped it to the rack for sitting on the rear seat. 1 inch x 68" straps. I ran the straps through the slots in the rack, used a 'slip ring' (I call it a "M" buckle) to hold it to the rack. Two snap buckles hold the bag to the bike. The duffle was a gym bag so I used the side pockets for water, camera and extra snacks.
Just finished 3400 miles with NO problems.
Great Rally, even in the sun.

Back