• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Jo's U-Pac

Below is a picture of my R100GS/PD loaded with a Jo's U-Pak. The U-Pak is waterproof and pretty easy to load. As I recall, this was the medium size bag, which is quite large. It was also pretty easy to secure this to the GS/PD. The biggest downside is that this bag is really too large for most of my trips.

GSPDJosU-Pakmed.jpg

There is another u-shaped bag, called a "rounder" bag that is much larger than the Jo's U-Pak. Below is a picture of a friend's bike with the rounder bag. The rounder bag used to be available from Competition Accessories (about 10 yrs back).

R100RT_rounderbag.jpg

These days I use a set of H2W bags for most of my bike camping trips. Below are pictures of an oilhead RS and Triumph Tiger using a set of H2W bags.

rs_packed_rtsd.jpg

tigerloaded.jpg

Does anyone have a U-Pac? How do you like it..... pros/cons.

Thanks

Tom

this post reminded me I have one

I have not used it in a least a year

good bag, holds a ton

my advice is use it to pack your soft stuff in and use rok straps to secure it

I bought mine used on advrider some time ago and just don't use it anymore since I got rid of the F650

you can have it for fifty bucks if you want it, pretty sure that is what I paid for it - size medium

+1 on the Helen2wheels bags and straps. Awesome stuff, and not just for camping. I use my ST for transportation and keep a H2W bag and straps in the right bag all the time.

I used a H2W bag to carry home a new cable box when it wouldn't fit in the side case. I've used it to shop for grocerys, I've used the straps to carry a few golf clubs to the the practice range, real handy stuff.

Rog

I have the medium U-pak and love it. It fits perfectly on my airhead, it rides well, keeps things out of site and a very neat look. It's my second, I have worn one out. Well not actually, just upgraded. I have one that was made before Jo took over. The new one has some improvements I wanted and is slightly larger.

Disadvantages... It doesn't fit well on my K1100LT. The rear rack is too high. It is possible to get one that is modified to fit though. I really need to get one of those.

Rod

u-pac works very well, keeps my son (8) tucked in.

Attachments

• parade 2011 and chipp falls trip 016.jpg
    parade 2011 and chipp falls trip 016.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 913
I've had a U-Bag for quite some time now. It only gets used when the "Boss" travels with me. We carry most everything we take in it except for items we might need in a hurry. We're camping at Bloomsburg so it will come in handy once again.

I have been using a medium size for quita a while and strongly recommend getting one. I secure it with rok straps and have never had a problem!

Upack

Mutineer, I have been lookin for one, if tgf, the original question asker doesnt take it for 50.00 I would be glad to. Let me know, already have ROK straps, very usefull.:dance

Upac

Sorry, I dont pay much attention to the dates on these things, thanks for the reminder. Anyway,mutineer, my offer stands, you can reach me at : "waugamans@aol.com".:deal

Back