• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My first rally

gsitts said:
Ahhh. Thanks for the reassurance. I was afraid that because my bike, a R1200C, isn't considered a "real Beemer" by many, and because she rides a Virago, we'd be assigned a campsite next to the tracks and far from the heads.

:)

Bring that big dog up there.

You've got a roundel, we've got room.

:thumb

Just thinking about my first rally......

It was 1974, Table Rock,SC-the 2nd BMWMOA National Rally.
I had just quit my job and wanted to see what a motorcycle rally was all about. I was 20 years old, a young man with lots of questions and no answers at hand. I had patched jeans, long hair, pimples on my face, and a Toaster tank /5 that called me to the road. Although the crowd at the Rally was older and more "mainstream", I was welcomed into the BMW family. I will never forget that sense of brotherhood that I found in the South Carolina mountains.....

Jump ahead 30 years; still have long hair, still have a lot of questions, still have a BMW bike that calls me to the road (unfortunately, that old /5 is no longer with us-"Gertie" was a fine old machine). I have been to 15 Nationals now, still enjoying the brotherhood, still finding the joy that the first Rally brought me. The MOA National is the one event that I schedule my whole year around. I will be at Spokane this year, on 4 wheels this time, but still there. I have learned that volunteering at the Rally makes it more special, so you will find me working again at the beer tent, handing out brewskis and soaking up the fun. I will see old friends, meet new friends, and enjoy the BMW family gathering again.

If you never have been to a MOA National, do yourself a favor and go to one. You will never forget it!

:bliss :clap ;) :D :bliss

Back