• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spring is coming.

What is the storm name this time? Stubborn or something?

rain forecast.jpg
Actually expecting a LOT of rain thru Sunday AM.
Of course SXSW Festival is in Austin and it's Spring Break for some...always rains. We are the 4.1 forecast and only need about an inch to top of our water collection tanks...I'll be opening the bypass shortly...so sad to "waste" free water:cry

But it's NOT freezing or snowing...sorry fellas:wave

Before the clouds rolled in yesterday, heard and saw several V's of D'yoda's geese headed thataway. Still amazed how loud they are at a fair altitude.

Didn't look straight up!

We had hummingbirds show yesterday...had to brew up some juice for them...they are noisy as well when hungry

Also, all the leaf moving I did the other day went away when the front hit around noon...rain and raining oak leaves:banghead

We have turkey vultures all over again which means spring is finally here in the Big Bend. Forcast for today and the weekend includes flash flood warning and predictions of 2 to 6 inches of rain here in the Chihuahuan Desert but I personally think all but the fog and mist is going east of us, up to see Henzilla.

It is a little hard to tell though since there is no United States weather radar that covers where we live. I can usually get a good look at Mexican weather radar though.

I may make a comment that will get my post deleted and me banned.

Goose Blarney for St. Pat's day........Must be a Irish-Canadian tradition.

"Bite Me"

I mean that with the fondness and kindness that I would show any fellow rider.

Any goose splatter would have rinsed off last night...bypass on water tanks now running down the hillside. Seems couch city is on my list as Helen just left for the day:dance

Hang in there 'yoda... :wave they claim it's Spring:scratch

Hang in there 'yoda... :wave

Wait......I was verbally assaulted by the guy from the Canadian Plains...........and you offer him comforting comments?

Isn't that a bit like offering Hannibal Lecter a napkin and suggestions on diet improvement?

What about the victim????

Wait......I was verbally assaulted by the guy from the Canadian Plains...........and you offer him comforting comments?

Isn't that a bit like offering Hannibal Lecter a napkin and suggestions on diet improvement?

What about the victim????
Try to be nice......don't want him to deflect the jet-stream and freeze us 'till august. :violin
OM

Our kind and generous (not to mention charming and oh so good looking) Canadian neighbors have done an excellent job of deflecting the jet stream and accompanying Arctic air over to the mid and eastern USA where is can be truly appreciated. The affect in my part of the world has been to allow a series of high pressure systems to sneak up from the SW and provide us with a very early spring. We have amassed over 2000 miles already this year and are headed out again today; this is many more miles than we would normally expect to ride in Montana in the late winter months. Thank you Canada, and to those of you receiving their largess..... enjoy. :dance

Our kind and generous (not to mention charming and oh so good looking) Canadian neighbors have done an excellent job of deflecting the jet stream and accompanying Arctic air over to the mid and eastern USA where is can be truly appreciated. The affect in my part of the world has been to allow a series of high pressure systems to sneak up from the SW and provide us with a very early spring. We have amassed over 2000 miles already this year and are headed out again today; this is many more miles than we would normally expect to ride in Montana in the late winter months. Thank you Canada, and to those of you receiving their largess..... enjoy. :dance

Other than loosing Glacier National Park, I'm willing to offer our grumpy Canadians and their Air Force of Fecal dive bombers the States of Montana, Alaska and North / South Dakota in exchange for a non-displaced Jet Stream. They'll get 8 Senators, 4 Representative and the 25-people than voted for them.

OK, I'll throw in Wyoming.......2 more Senators, 1 additional Representative and the one person that voted for them.

Other than loosing Glacier National Park, I'm willing to offer our grumpy Canadians and their Air Force of Fecal dive bombers the States of Montana, Alaska and North / South Dakota in exchange for a non-displaced Jet Stream. They'll get 8 Senators, 4 Representative and the 25-people than voted for them.

OK, I'll throw in Wyoming.......2 more Senators, 1 additional Representative and the one person that voted for them.

No thanks. We have enough problems with our own politicians. We could, however, try diverting the jet stream to Washington to cool things off a bit.

We could, however, try diverting the jet stream to Washington to cool things off a bit.

Our Nattering Naboobs of Negativity are an anaerobic life form whose only food source is campaign contributions. Air, water and temperature are non-factors to this species of invertebrate.

Let's not talk politics or politicians there Spiro. Let's stick to the relevant aspects of any potential trades. Let's offer them PA's roads and two major cities. They'd get a real kick out of Philly.

Back