• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ZR19 60W vs R19 60V

bikeflyer

I just replaced my front Tourance Next with what I intended to be an identical new tire. But there turned out to be a difference. The old tire was 120/70 ZR19 M/C 60W and the new is 120/70 R19 M/C 60V.

So, my speed rating has dropped from way faster than I ride to faster than I ride. But what is the difference between ZR19 and R19?
My rear tire continues to be a ZR19. Is there any handling difference?

FWIW, I have gotten 9,000 miles out of each of three sets of Anakee 3s on my 2014 R1200GS. The Tourance Next front went a bit more than 10,000 and the rear is a bit more than half worn. I know, that says I ride too slow! But I appreciate the additional mileage anyway.

Back