• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Yard equipment fails

Lawns are an impingement on my vehicle play time, so we went with a xeriscaped yard. :D

Aren't ZTR's a hoot to mow with? They don't do much of anything but mow, but they mow very well and fast. I'm going on 4 years now with mine.

I've had my Snapper Commercial zero turn mower for 31 years now. I have many attachments for it plug aerator, spike aerator, de thatcher & 2 wagons. I use one wagon to haul 2 kayaks down to the lake & back. It has pads on the front for a plow attachment. It is a little underpowered by todays standard at 18 hp with over 1000 hours on it. I hope it will outlast me but there are no longer any parts available for it.

We mow about six of our 13 acres; mostly weeds. I bought Annie a John Deere zero turn mower; she gets it done much quicker now. I cut our postage stamp sized grass lawn with a push mower.

Is CENTEX central Texas? If so it looks pretty lush.

it looks like much of mine but weeds in a yard need mowed too. I just mow what naturally grows.

2420E35D-630F-4AD9-8857-C13FFB2D4764.jpeg

This is in Western Arkansas, our place in central TX north of San Antonio is naturally xeriscaped with little lawn just around house that I can do with push mower. In winter I put out winter rye for color, in the summer drought it is mostly brown.

This place hasn’t been cared for in years as the owners health and age caught up with him. There actually is turf grass hiding under Spring weeds. There are many runs of drip hosing buried to water from aerobic septic system but also needs some repairs.

We are on 22 wooded acres on a ridgeline and maybe 3 acres to maintain.The zero turn will be H’s ride I’m pretty sure…She uses the rider in TX to knock down tall natural grasses on hillside outside our house yard perimeter and I do something else :lol

I checked yesterday and it looks like Blue Grass does not grow well as far south as Steve's new Arkansas location.
Not sure what the common lawn grass is for that area. Bermudagrass??

I would like his new acreage. Mostly good timber with a couple open acres with a lawn.

I've had my Snapper Commercial zero turn mower for 31 years now. I have many attachments for it plug aerator, spike aerator, de thatcher & 2 wagons. I use one wagon to haul 2 kayaks down to the lake & back. It has pads on the front for a plow attachment. It is a little underpowered by todays standard at 18 hp with over 1000 hours on it. I hope it will outlast me but there are no longer any parts available for it.

31 years is impressive! I’m hoping the JD lives up to reviews and brand reputation

I checked yesterday and it looks like Blue Grass does not grow well as far south as Steve's new Arkansas location.
Not sure what the common lawn grass is for that area. Bermudagrass??

I would like his new acreage. Mostly good timber with a couple open acres with a lawn.

What it looks like is Bermuda under clover and stickers

Our single cylinder John Deere is 24 years old and still in good condition.

View attachment 91759

This is in Western Arkansas, our place in central TX north of San Antonio.....

....We are on 22 wooded acres on a ridgeline and maybe 3 acres to maintain.The zero turn will be H’s ride I’m pretty sure…She uses the rider in TX to knock down tall natural grasses on hillside outside our house yard perimeter and I do something else :lol

Great looking property the more woods, and less grass, the better! :) Appears similar to my mostly wooded property here in northern WV, I actually wish I had a little less open area to care for but with the right tools it's not too bad.

WV and NW Arkansas are very similar. I tell folks headed your way to spend a few days here to warm up to scenic twisty rural roads.

...they say do not pre-wash as the enzymes need to attack something and your rack seems to be it!

You'll never convince Mrs. Veg not to pre-wash. She once worked in the office of a pest-control company where it was drilled into everybody's heads that a box full of dirty dishes is a bug-magnet. And then she still wants to run the damn thing despite being full of clean dishes. As that kid in a recent TV-ad said, "So what does the dishwasher do?"

And since fridges came up, my house came with a 1992-vintage (Whirlpool) Kenmore. Still running strongly. Has ice and water in the door. The ice comes out but we make it in a counter-top icemaker then put it in the freezer, and we don't use the waterspout either because Mrs. Veg can't trust the ancient tubing in this fridge to be clean. The counter-top icemaker gets filled from a filtered pitcher.

Back