• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wixom Ranger Fairing Lowers

See the photobucket link below. I bought this set of fairing lowers for my 1961 R60 but it is not correct for the bike. The tag that is laminated into the fiberglass on the back indicates that it is a Wixom Ranger Model 210. I know what the fairing set does not fit but I don't know what they do fit, except that they are designed for a dual-downtube bike with 8-1/4" between the downtubes at the top fairing cutout. Does anyone have an ID for these?

I have searched the internet for every combination of Wixom, Ranger, Fairing, Lower, and 210 but to no avail.

Thanks.P6282084.jpg

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/ducksback/library/Wixom Ranger 210 Fairing

Last edited:
I'm curious as to the reason for the cutout across the top of the center section. Why would that specific area be exposed...what would it have allowed air to?

cutout

I can't picture any 60's or 70's bike having a small offset oil cooler in that area. Maybe it is for the finned rectifier on some British bike. When I bought the set, I thought it was for operating clearance, like clearance for the hydraulic steering damper on an R69S. But since they won't fit a /2 that theory is no good.

Back