• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wiring extra lighting?

mieczkow

Tom Mieczkowski
Comrades:

I will be adding some new PIAA-style lights soon to my K75S. I was wondering if anyone could describe the best place to hook into the existing wiring system to power the lights. I am aware that I should add a relay and fuse link into the new circuit. Any other do's and do-not's regarding adding additional lighting to the venerable brick?

I like using the hot side of the starter relay mounted in the fuse box. Its well protected from the weather and the attaching screw is plenty long enough to handle an extra ring lug. Then I ground at the main ground stud under the gas tank. Make sure that the in-line fuses are accessible......I routed them out under the left side panel so they would be easy to change.

And, while you've got the whole bike apart, add relays to the main headlight as well since that headlight switch is getting old. Eastern Beaver has a nice kit for a small amount of money.

Back