• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wedding, driving, dragon

S

sumran

Vaction time has started. My wife and I will be staying for a week in the western North Carolina mountains. But first, we are attending her brother's wedding in Sarasota, Florida. Then we travel to back to Gainesville for a quick overnight in our own beds (tonight). Tomorrow morning we head out early to take the kids to a summer camp we found through our church. They look forward to it all year. It is about a seven hour drive from our house to the camp.:rolleyes

Once we unload the kids and their gear, we will roll the bike out of the truck and park the truck at the camp. We will ride the last three hours.:thumb We will probably relax most of Monday after all the traveling.:snore We plan to visit some old friends in Greenville on Tuesday. Then it is the two of us and the motorcycle for the rest of the week.:dance

Betsy (my wife) told me she wasn't to eager to take the Tail of the Dragon ride, so I'll ride that solo. I have rigged a video camera for the adventure. If it comes out good I'll post the video (just what we need; another TOD video!). I'll be riding the Cherohala loop and going back to our hotel by way of the Fontana Dam. That day should be about 8 hours of great riding.:nod

So many good roads to choose from in that area. Now this is what I call a vacation!:bolt

Vacation was fabulous. A very refreshing time for Betsy (my wife) and me. We had perfect weather and the riding exceeded my expectations. Florida seems a little dull after a week of mountain curves.

The video camera worked well on my ride through the Tail of the Dragon. The microphone picked up the engine noise, so the video proved to be a useful tool for self-evaluation on cornering technique.

I hope to post a link this weekend, once I figure out the vagaries of YouTube. The best part of the video is the camera mounting location. Just under the fairing. So you see the road but not the rider.:laugh

The video camera worked well on my ride through the Tail of the Dragon. The microphone picked up the engine noise, so the video proved to be a useful tool for self-evaluation on cornering technique.

I hope to post a link this weekend, once I figure out the vagaries of YouTube. The best part of the video is the camera mounting location. Just under the fairing. So you see the road but not the rider.:laugh
Sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to see the vids. Incidentally, what kind of camera did you use? I've thought about a helmet cam to get it out of the way, but the gear has to go someplace too. Under the fairing might be dandy.

I helped a fledgling startup called Oosah dot com get going. Free service if you want to test uploading pic, vids and sounds, then make a little presentation out of any combination of them. I use it to sell cars, sailing gear and bike stuff on Craigslist, ebay,etc. You could probably include the code from a presentation you create there and paste it in here. PM me if interested.

:type

Sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to see the vids. Incidentally, what kind of camera did you use? I've thought about a helmet cam to get it out of the way, but the gear has to go someplace too. Under the fairing might be dandy.

I helped a fledgling startup called Oosah dot com get going. Free service if you want to test uploading pic, vids and sounds, then make a little presentation out of any combination of them. I use it to sell cars, sailing gear and bike stuff on Craigslist, ebay,etc. You could probably include the code from a presentation you create there and paste it in here. PM me if interested.

:type

The camera is a Canon ZR-10. It is a small digital unit with firewire output. Nothing fancy. I'll take a look at the site when I get home tonight.

Nice shots.

I can see by your bike setup that you like to put on serious miles.

I like miles. I try not to be too serious.:D

I have only put a little over 11k on the bike in the year that I have owned it. Most of it is business trips and commuting, although I enjoy trips with the wife or kids much more. If I had more time off, I would log many more.

Back