• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

We received some great Help in Texas!

ttolbert

The Chixon66.com group ride has hit the mid-point on our Route 66 adventure, while I am 3,600 miles into my cross country adventure. I’ve met great people on this trip and have been amazed at the kindness, support, and encouragement from folks in communities along our route.

Today I encountered an ‘incident’, neither life threatening or harmful to myself or others (aside from my pride, that is…. ☹ ). I tipped my motorcycle this morning which resulted in a broken front foot pedal. Our great mechanics on the ride, Gypsy and Athena, were up until 5am working on repairs for an antique bike on the trip. To ensure they were able to get some sleep to keep them sharp for the remainder of our trip, I reached out to a local BMW rider from the BMW Owners Anonymous Book for support. I was only seeking recommendations for a nearby repair shop, but was profoundly touched by the immediate support provided by Melvin Wieck in Canyon TX. He immediately changed his plans for the day and planned to weld my foot pedal to get me back on the road.

As it turns out, Melvin had the great idea to replace the front broken pedal with my back pedal. Although I genuinely wish I had had that great idea, I was so happy to meet Melvin and experience the generosity he so readily provided. I also had the great pleasure of meeting and hearing the story about Tex Randall!..

I hope this message makes its way to Melvin. Meeting him has truly been a highlight of my trip thus far!

Thank you Melvin!!! 😊

Attachments

• 20220618_085402.jpg
    20220618_085402.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220618_085045.jpg
    20220618_085045.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220618_080348.jpg
    20220618_080348.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 55
Welcome to the forum!
It’s so nice to see the community come together and lend a hand. :thumb
Have a safe rest of your ride.
Thanks for the report.
Gary

I will add a bit to your title for clarity and reflect your success.

Welcome from central Florida. If it makes you feel any better I had the same thing happen on a trip through Kentucky a few years ago on my 07RT. We were riding two up so I couldn’t use that fix. I learned how to shift very carefully just using the nub that was left and then rode with my foot on the highway peg. When I got home I installed crash bars. That was my second low speed drop and figured it was time. Good to hear you got the help you needed.

Back