• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Traveling with Nicky Hayden

roborider

God? What god?
I departed Tuesday to go to Valencia for the last MotoGP race in Spain. When I boarded the Atlanta to Madrid flight, I looked over and saw NICKY DANG HAYDEN in the seat across the aisle. I said, "Hey Nicky" and he turned towards me. I told him I was heading to Valencia for the GP race, good luck, and we'd be rooting for his success. He said, "Thanks." He reclined his seat after about 20 minutes to the flat bed position and slept pretty much the entire flight. I must say this trip is getting off to a good start!

His right arm is still bandaged. I noticed he drank a lot of water, ate a banana, and clearly watches what he puts inside his body. He looked muscular, trim, and fit.

RHFaibA.jpg

That's cool :thumb
How did you guys get them to take out the other 6 seats normally associated with that much airplane floorspace? :deal
OM

By giving them 6X the cash for business class!
My BIL was in that "other" category "up front in the plane", as a truck driver that flew home a lot he had the points to get the leg room and was always up there, in spite of his blue collar status in life. Nothing like a hot wash cloth and someone to cater to yer needs,huh? :thumb We walk through "their squalor" when we exit the plane and lust for that space!:)

Very cool roborider! My Pops and I have been following him since the beginning of his illustrious career. Hopefully when (...oops I mean IF) he retires at the end of this season he can find something that will keep him busy and still in touch with road-racing. Nicky is a hard worker and someone that loves to be around his family. I'd love to see his family start up a winning team again. Rock On #69 ....Rock On!

MotoGP. Is really hurting for American riders and I think Niki should become some sort of Ducati ambassador.

I enjoy his announcing work on TV (when he couldn't ride at Indy) and I'd hope he would continue to do that.

Trip to Spain has been great. I had two days in Madrid, a visit to Segovia, and then Valencia.

Madrid is a big city of course but truly beautiful. It's nestled in the mountains at about 2000 feet elevation. I enjoyed it more than Paris. The people are very friendly and my crappy Spanish gets me by.

Segovia is an old city with a Roman aqueduct, cathedral, and castle.

Valencia is nice, but I don't think I'd return here. I'm here for the race, but there are "better" cities in Spain. The ocean is nice though and the food is great. But, the food is great everywhere.

Race day was interesting. We took a train to the track, maybe a 20 minute ride. Driving would have been a nightmare. Also, when the race is over, there are no taxis as they don't want to fight the traffic! So the train is the way to go.

Moto 2, 3 and GP were all exciting and we had a great view of the backside of the track on a good hairpin with plenty of passing action. It began to sprinkle towards the end of the GP race but overall fantastic weather.

Here's a few shots:

Madrid Post Office (now a bar on top of the roof):

Segovia aqueduct:

Segovia Cathedral:

Segovia Cathedral inside:

View from castle:

Beautiful city....great photos of the Cathedral! You did a nice job of framing those. Must of been exciting to see history made when M. Marquez won his 14th race of the season, beating M. Doohans long standing record for single season wins. :thumb

Back