• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

TPM connector on F750GS

motodan

Is this four red wire/other, under the seat connector, for TPM on a '22 F750GS? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9801.jpg
    IMG_9801.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9800 (1).jpg
    IMG_9800 (1).jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 78
I have seen post where the red wire with the blue stripe was used as a switched 12V source that works like the accessory port in that it switches off with the ignition after a short delay.

The wires look to be too large a gauge to be TPMS and I am pretty sure that I have read that the TPMS connector is further back.

Answering questions such as this used to be much easier when BMW made service information available.

Another good reason to support Right to Repair legislation.

I have seen post where the red wire with the blue stripe was used as a switched 12V source that works like the accessory port in that it switches off with the ignition after a short delay.

The wires look to be too large a gauge to be TPMS and I am pretty sure that I have read that the TPMS connector is further back.

Answering questions such as this used to be much easier when BMW made service information available.

Another good reason to support Right to Repair legislation.

Thank you for the response. I contacted Clearwater, they were no help during first two calls to them. Their model specific manual for adding their Darla lights is out dated. Mainly due to BMW no longer using a TPM/RDC control box. One end of CW’s CANopener still plugs into the BMW cable however the other end now hangs free. I contacted several BMW dealerships trying to locate the TPM most didn’t have a clue. Even had one tell me the gas tank needed to come off and another that I didn’t have TPM, even after I gave him my VIN number. BMW left the plug in rear under seat. It is plugged into an empty holder. A young sounding tech by the name of Zac called me from a dealership out West with the solution. He’d mounted lights on my model bike recently therefore had figured out the change. I’m with you on needing a manual…especially with the hit and miss dealership knowledge level.

Thank you for the response. I contacted Clearwater, they were no help initially. Their model specific manual for adding their Darla lights is out dated. Mainly due to BMW no longer using a TPM/RDC control box. One end of CW’s CANopener still plugs into the BMW cable however the other end now hangs free. I contacted several BMW dealerships trying to locate the TPM most didn’t have a clue. Even had one tell me the gas tank needed to come off and another that I didn’t have TPM, even after I gave him my VIN run. BMW left the plug in rear under seat. It is plugged into an empty holder. A young sounding tech by the name of Zac called me from a dealership out West with the solution. He’d mounted lights on my model bike me recent therefore had figured out the change. I’m with you on needing a manual…especially with the hit and miss dealership knowledge level.

Maybe post a picture of the connector?
Glad you found success.
OM

In 2021 BMW switched from Schrader to LDL Technologies as the source for TPMS. As I understand it LDL also does the keyless ride feature and for those bikes with both it is a single module.

Increasingly I see signs that aftermarket vendors are facing challenges resulting from BMW's policy to withhold technical and service information.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Just in front of taillight housing. It is unplugged from its holder only location.

Great!
Posts like this really help the community.
OM

attachment.php

BTW if that is a CAN-bus connector the "holder" is also a terminating resistor. The twisted Hi and Lo pair is actually a transmission line that needs to "see" a certain impedance to avoid reflections and standing waves.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

In this case (in this picture) the “holder” is simply a black plastic “cup” held in place with a plastic tie. Bike is all back together with TPM display working fine as well as Clearwater lights. I wrote Clearwater asking them to update their F750/850GS manual so future customers won’t be looking for a control “box” or need to plug in both ends of their CANopener to be functional.

I was asking about the number of contacts (actually the number of available positions) in the plug in your first post, the plug under the seat.

I was asking about the number of contacts (actually the number of available positions) in the plug in your first post, the plug under the seat.

Not sure what you mean by positions. The large plug in first photo, when removed from holder, had two fuses plugged into its end, a 7.5 and a 10 amp.

In this case (in this picture) the “holder” is simply a black plastic “cup” held in place with a plastic tie. Bike is all back together with TPM display working fine as well as Clearwater lights. I wrote Clearwater asking them to update their F750/850GS manual so future customers won’t be looking for a control “box” or need to plug in both ends of their CANopener to be functional.

In that case the LDL Technologies TPMS sensor is using the LIN-bus and not the CAN-bus as was the case for the previous generation Schrader system.

Back