• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tire shot...in Need help in Oberlin Kansas...

tthouses

capt. paul
Coming back from the Rally (yes i have a lot of time off). Im in Oberlin Kansas and noticed my rear tire is really worn. I have Metzler Tires on my R1150GS 2002. Is there anyone out there that might know of a place nearby that i could get a new one or equivalent. heading back to Austing TX. Its Tuesday 27, at 2130...phone number is 512 709 8134...call anytime...or leave message if you know of a place that might be nearby without diverting several hundred miles. thanks mayday mayday...
Paul Violand

worn tire

I have a metzler with a couple thousand miles left on it I took off my 1200gs last fall before a trip. I would be glad to mount it for you if your tire is not to worn out to get to me. Are any threads showing yet I have worn them down til cords were showing ( I know... not a good practice) but things happen somtimes. I am in eastern Ks. near Burlington which is approx. 370 miles from where you are. I realize that I am quite a ways from you , but if you can get here I have the tools to mount and balance it for you and would be able to do it tommorow. Also there are some cycle shops in the larger towns along the way you are going.
Larry

Back