• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Veg and his Ovens

ultracyclist

Okay, I'll bite.

Tell us all about this oven that obviously doubles as your spouse.

What do you mean by "jobs"?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tell us all about this oven that obviously doubles as your spouse.
Well, since no women will accept the position, I gotta start somewhere! :nyah

What do you mean by "jobs"?
For bagel-toasting, this oven is excellent- I can use the broiler so that the buttery side can get lightly browned & crispy without the other side getting burnt. If I put cheese on top the broiler is great for getting it to a nicely bubbly molten state.
The convection feature is great too for anything small enough to fit because it reduces cooking-times and ensures more even cooking in the smaller space (small ovens can cook unevenly due to proximity to the heating element).
It's great for frozen burritos because it can add just the right slight crispness to the tortilla, and it's great for baking potatoes too (being a bachelor I can't remember EVER having to do more than two at at time).

I think that if I rode an LT I'd mount this oven to the handlebar.

Last edited:
The_Veg said:
I think that if I rode an LT I'd mount this oven to the handlebar.

Just what we need at rallies....a motorcycle roach coach. One with cold and one with hot. Put a sidecar on them hauling an assortment of beverages on tap. Have the hot one rolling around with bun warmers and brats, dogs, burritos, etc.

An excellent idea. :eat :drink :dance

Just what we need at rallies....a motorcycle roach coach. One with cold and one with hot. Put a sidecar on them hauling an assortment of beverages on tap. Have the hot one rolling around with bun warmers and brats, dogs, burritos, etc.
Yeah, and maybe add a trailer rigged up to make BOIL P-NUT. :laugh :laugh :laugh

The_Veg said:
Yeah, and maybe add a trailer rigged up to make BOIL P-NUT. :laugh :laugh :laugh

Those were big down south when I lived in GA. :sick I am a texture person and they just don't do it for me. But hey...I am all for whatever. Get enough rigs put together and it could be a touring rally. Wherever we go we are rallying. Take along some wireless and post up the next hot location. It would be like that segment they do on NBC, "where in the world is Matt Lauer" instead it would be "where in the world is veg and his toaster totin' road rally. Peaks of America....Feh!!! It would be...legendary.

:bottle :bar

ultracyclist said:
I think I have uncovered a cult.

What is Boil P-Nut?

I am allergic to peanuts.

Do the Feds know about this boil P-Nut?

Think half-finished peanut butter. Definitely an acquired taste.

If the Fed did, they'd tax it.

I think we should work on getting "The Veg" a significant other.

I mean, let's face it, fancy appliances will take you just so far.

Besides, why can't he be as miserable as the rest of us?

:laugh

Hey, Veg, post a pic! We (the membership) will all start working on this.
This could be a tough job, but with planning and brilliant execution, we could have the ceremony at the WI Rally. I can visualize this now: 8000 bikes lined up to form an aisle, the "bride" in BMW reflective leathers, and a polka band with original teutonic oom-pahs playing the music. At the conclusion of the ceremony, you will smash a beer stein with your foot for good luck!

RandyB said:
Think half-finished peanut butter. Definitely an acquired taste.

If the Fed did, they'd tax it.

No point. Wouldn't make any money. :sick

ultracyclist said:
I think we should work on getting "The Veg" a significant other.

I mean, let's face it, fancy appliances will take you just so far.

Besides, why can't he be as miserable as the rest of us?

:laugh

Hey, Veg, post a pic! We (the membership) will all start working on this.
This could be a tough job, but with planning and brilliant execution, we could have the ceremony at the WI Rally. I can visualize this now: 8000 bikes lined up to form an aisle, the "bride" in BMW reflective leathers, and a polka band with original teutonic oom-pahs playing the music. At the conclusion of the ceremony, you will smash a beer stein with your foot for good luck!

Instead of smashing the beer stein, I say fill it and toast!!!

the Veg

I think we should work on getting the Veg a significant other..... Ultracyclist

His picture was in that thread about the MOA open house; the guy's a good looking dude. I wonder what's keeping the synergies from happening? :stick

Hey Veg, without getting into detail, how'd that last date go (the one you mentioned in your recent post)?

Rinty

Back