• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The adventure ride to Springfield National!

beemerguru

Back home after a little 4.500 mile jaunt over the Sierras, the Rockies, some of the Ozarks, the 20-30mph cross winds of Nevada, eastern CO, and Kansas. Maybe 200 miles of interstate and everything else was mainly 2 lane twisties and really, really long straight roads to the horizon. Clear skies the entire trip. Going home, there was just a small sprinkle before going over Carson Pass in the Sierras where it was 47 degrees and 2 hours later, 103 going across the CA central valley..then a cool 72 back in the Bay area.

At the Rally, headed directly to Airhead Central for renewed get togethers with Kevin, the other Greg, and other Air Marshals. Nice catching up with Matt Parkhouse and other Ambassadors. Broke out the tools and did the help/teach airhead thing...and had a blast as always.

Seminars were informative, vendors helpful...except for Metzler...no tires for sale...some supply chain snafu, and Dunlop was sold out the 1st or 2nd day. Somehow the Metzler Sahara 3 tires on the G/S went 1K miles further than they should have. They got me home but riding the curvy Sierras Pass with squared-off tires isn't for the faint of heart.

The trip was a great break from the shop,, the ride was needed therapy, and the gang at Airhead Central makes everyone feel welcome as part of the family

Greg, it was nice to see you there.
Once, as I wandered by the AH compound you were serving up wisdom that evidently required your hands to
form the part/procedure you were describing. Everyone was riveted to the process, and didn’t notice me pour a
heat relief potion. I dropped a bill or two and stayed in the shade.
Appreciate your participation in the MOA Board meeting.
Your seminar May in Quincy was fantastic, especially the wiring harness stuff!

Greg, it was nice to see you there.
Once, as I wandered by the AH compound you were serving up wisdom that evidently required your hands to
form the part/procedure you were describing. Everyone was riveted to the process, and didn’t notice me pour a
heat relief potion. I dropped a bill or two and stayed in the shade.
Appreciate your participation in the MOA Board meeting.
Your seminar May in Quincy was fantastic, especially the wiring harness stuff!

Thanks John,

Always fun and satisfying to get the next generation involved in the details of riding and how to handle the occasional repair, Amazing how knowing how to solve a problem while out on a ride increases your sense of confidence..in all kinds of ways..just not the airheads

Back