• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Suggestions for visiting Tokyo

The_Veg

D'OH!
I have a chance to visit the Tokyo area for cheep in December. My brother has a friend who lives there and has invited us to come stay for a week. We will be staying in a private home and I will be on a strict budget- too strict to go stay anywhere else while I'm there, so keep that in mind for your suggestions.
That said, any suggestions for stuff to do or see or eat or whatever?
TIA

Hopefully they'll be picking you up from the airport

I have a chance to visit the Tokyo area for cheep in December. My brother has a friend who lives there and has invited us to come stay for a week. We will be staying in a private home and I will be on a strict budget- too strict to go stay anywhere else while I'm there, so keep that in mind for your suggestions.
That said, any suggestions for stuff to do or see or eat or whatever?
TIA

The cab ride was $50 IIRC.Take the Bullet Train to Kyoto.Go to the Ginza.Visit a Pachinko Palace.It's 24/7 there.

Everything is easily accessible by train. The trains in Japan are great. My folks used to put me on them by myself when I was 7,8, and 9 living in Japan to send me to my Piano lessons. Very easy to ride.

There is a wonderul restaurant called Tony's. It is in Fussa, right next to Yokota AFB. As far as I know it is still there. If you get over to Fussa, I am sure someone could point you in the right direction. I tried to find it online but can not.

Excellent food. It is one place I would definitely go back to if I ever got back to Japan.

Back