• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stupid Request - 2015+ R12RT

shropdog

Need a favor from someone....I need the height of the passenger pegs when the bike is straight up (off the side and center stands). Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance1

Also remember that different mode settings change height as well, as do tires, bags on or off, rider weight etc. - I could go on but you get the picture, too many variables for an accurate response without more information on what you're trying to find out.

Looking for a measurement for a stock height, unloaded RT. Trying to gauge the step height to mount the bike for my wife. Thx!

Is there a reason you don't consider you mounted on the bike, bike on sidestand and her being able to either "leg over" and sliding onto the seat, or using your shoulder to balance herself while she uses the passenger footpeg to step up and leg over?

That works for every female I've ever had as a passenger on any of my RT's.

Is there a reason you don't consider you mounted on the bike, bike on sidestand and her being able to either "leg over" and sliding onto the seat, or using your shoulder to balance herself while she uses the passenger footpeg to step up and leg over?

That works for every female I've ever had as a passenger on any of my RT's.

This seems to be the best way for stability and how I used to do it. (I’m strictly a solo rider now by choice) Sidestand down and she can hold your shoulder. Let her get settled in and then you get the bike upright and retract the sidestand.

I measured my 2015 with the 3 bags on. Off the stand passenger peg is 15 1/4. Measured on center stand is 18 inches. Suspension is set 1 rider with luggage and all bags are empty. Good luck

Measurement was taken while I straddeled the bike and my wife measured. No weight was on the seat. FWIW bike has 15k milage so suspension is not worn out yet.

Measurement was taken while I straddeled the bike and my wife measured. No weight was on the seat. FWIW bike has 15k milage so suspension is not worn out yet.

That will help so the OP can do the same.

Back