• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Stats on one states alcohol related highway fatality's

Sanders

Single Malt Imbiber
Someone left that worthless rag "USA Today" laying around at work and I actually found something worthwhile in it, albeit still lacking depth...
State statistics regarding highway deaths and drunken driving.:bottle
Guess who's got the highest percentage?
42% of all fatality's in Wi.... alcohol was involved. Highest in the country.:bottle
It's not even a crime until you get your SEVENTH D.U.I. The author
quoted some fed official about Wi. being in denial...
I don't have time to check that stat out right now, but I always knew we
wuz smart not to be riding around over there after a Packer game. I'm not generalizing. We do not ride the great Western Wisconsin roads on Sunday afternoons after Packer games. After two centerline excursions resulting in one totalled BMW R1150 and a very lucky unscathed rider, over the years we have learned...

Sanders

42% of all fatality's in Wi.... alcohol was involved. Highest in the country.:bottle
As a transplanted Ohioan, this does not surprise me in the least. I am constantly amazed at the lack of concern toward a societal drinking problem in this state. Getting your first 'underage consumption' ticket here is not only not a 'bad thing' - it's virtually a rite of passage. :mad

Someone left that worthless rag "USA Today" laying around at work and I actually found something worthwhile in it, albeit still lacking depth...
I don't have time to check that stat out right now, but I always knew we
wuz smart not to be riding around over there after a Packer game. I'm not generalizing. We do not ride the great Western Wisconsin roads on Sunday afternoons after Packer games. After two centerline excursions resulting in one totalled BMW R1150 and a very lucky unscathed rider, over the years we have learned...

Sanders

Wrong. OWI is a crime at your second offense within 10 years. Minimum 5 days maximum 6 monthsin jail. Third offense lifetime is a minimum 30 days maximum one year in jail. Fourth offense lifetime, minimum 60 days in jail and one year maximum. Your fifth offense is a felony with a maximum of 6 years in prison.

Having sad that drunk driving is a problem in this State.

Back