• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

So I finally did it.

C

CANUCK75RT

I am now the proud owner of a 2003 R 1150rt the guy that sold it to me was getting into a new R.V.????? . enough said, I had a 92 k75rt that I have sold to my brother (his first bike) I believe a good choice. I would like to offer some observations after ridden my 1150 just over 450 k.m,s ( I live in New Brunswick Canada) First impression is the sheer size of the thing it looks so intimidating, but HOW handsome, Not used to vibration (k75 was smooth as silk even with 95000 miles) I had to change the windsheild ( WOW the windnoise) went with a Cee Baileys #2 euro cut, much better. The bike came equipped with the following
alarm/imobilizer (love it)
Day long russsell leather seat with driver back rest ( not sure if like the rest yet)
BMW top box with matching passenger backrest
box and side case liners
BMW heated vest
bike cover
tank bag
auto com sound with helmet speakers
twin spark engine
did I mention handsome
And holly cow the thing Flies
I LOVE THE GROWL IT MAKES
I thought I was a K man for Life but I guess not..
Went for a short ride this afternoon still grinning from ear to ear
love it! love it! love it.
thanks for listening to me ramble on.
Mike
canuck75rt
( gonna have to change my login)

Congratulations, (even if you have left the Dark Side). It sounds as if you have found yourself a real winner. Enjoy the rides. You have some great roads in the Maritimes to ride that steed.

new RT

Mike:

The K 75's are smooth and very fast, but the 1150's have a lot more grunt at lower r.p.m.'s. Your RT may smooth out more as you accumulate km's. It'll be a nice machine for those twisty New Brunswick backroads.

Rinty

I am now the proud owner of a 2003 R 1150rt the guy that sold it to me was getting into a new R.V.????? .

And holly cow the thing Flies
I LOVE THE GROWL IT MAKES

I love it! love it! love it.
thanks for listening to me ramble on.
Mike
canuck75rt
( gonna have to change my login)

I've got an '03 Rockster... LOVE that growl, myself. ;)

P

I started out riding airheads in 76. I went to a K75RT in 93 then changed to an oilhead last January. While I'll probably always miss the K I have to say there inprovement in performance in the 1150RT is startling especially in 2 up riding. Congrats on your "new" bike and ride safe.

I can not help but smile. My first two years with my bike was the same sort of experience - congrats!!! Enjoy the thrill for a long long time.

BTW - I love my Russell and it does not have the back rest.:blah

Welcome to the fast lane....

You've just gotten a GREAT motorcycle. I also bought an '03 R1150RT last year at this time (32K miles ago). having come from many miles on Goldwings I wasn't use to the hand vibration i was getting so I:

Added (in this order)
Bar-backs from moto-techniques.com, part #513-056 ($56)
Throttle lock - Black from BMW of Santa Cruz County, ($115)
Grip-puppies - from California Sports Touring, (casporttouring.com) (less than $12)

The combination of the three has completely changed for the better my riding experance.

All worth the price (I would pay more for each...)

note: find some open clear rode and run it over 90 mph for a while and you'll realy see what you've got....

Be safe .....Enjoy the ride....

Ksmith57

:thumb

Back