• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shop tire inflator

shalperin

I recently purchased a DeWALT tire inflator for the shop. Now, I can't speak to it's longevity, but the user experience is really great.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/sto.../20v-max-cordedcordless-air-inflator/dcc020ib

You basically screw on the hose, which has a high quality brass fitting. Set the desired tire pressure, and press go. The unit shuts off when it gets there.

I'm lazy, and never really liked going back and forth between a meter and a compressor, and this thing does it all in one.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 8.41.48 AM.png

Battery power would be handy.
How much when you buy the kit with a battery and charger?

I would view that as something to keep in the trunk of the car or in the pickup truck rather than shop use, but for those who's needs are not like mine, it is probably a great alternative to an air compressor. I use a lot of air tools and such in my shop so I have a plumbed in air compressor, but I do have a couple portable units similar to that that run off a 12v accessory/cigarette lighter plug.

That looks like a good battery-operated pump. When I was looking for a pump for my garage, i wanted something I could plug into the wall; however, the options were limited. I find that the battery-operated devices are not always the best option for me. While very convenient, I don't really have a good place to keep the batteries charging and they are often dead when I need to use them. That's just me. I came across this pump at my local hardware store. It's been great for pumping up balls and topping making sure car, bike and motorcycle tires are at their proper PSI. Although it has a gauge, I don't use it. https://www.campbellhausfeld.com/home-inflation-system-rp410099av.html?category_id=309

RP410099_inflator_ISOL2_2000px_10-17.jpg

This is my Dewalt shop tire inflator. It also runs Mity Vac oil extractor (cars) a blow gun, and my nail gun.

D55167_1.jpg

Back