• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RTW - engine protection

nelliott

Cowboyatheart
Hi all,
Now that I completed demo rides with BWW 2014 bikes, I have decided the new R1200RTW will be my upgrade.

So now I am creating my farkle list, which will likely be minimal, AND I am wondering if anyone has put engine protection guards on their new rides?

These are the two suppliers I have found, are there others you might recommend?

Or share with us (please) your reasoning for NOT putting them on the bike?

All thoughts appreciated....

Illum Works
http://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=30-200&pID=98

Wunderlich
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/R1200RTLC/20380101-103.html

Last edited:
RTW farkels

I just installed a Wunderlich front crash guard on my RTW yesterday. Fits well and looks good IMHO. The rear set is on it's way.

I added BMR's peg lower kit. Also happy with this except the brake pedal is a bit too high.

Added a 'side stand enlarger' but took it off because it made the side stand too long. Had a local welder make the original foot larger.

Bought GSW radiator guards but they're not going to work on the RT. Puzzling over solutions.

Exploring seats and windscreens in progress.

Desperately seeking 'under mirror' aux light mounts.

It's a wonderful motorcycle.

I just installed a Wunderlich front crash guard on my RTW yesterday. Fits well and looks good IMHO. The rear set is on it's way.

I added BMR's peg lower kit. Also happy with this except the brake pedal is a bit too high.

Added a 'side stand enlarger' but took it off because it made the side stand too long. Had a local welder make the original foot larger.

Bought GSW radiator guards but they're not going to work on the RT. Puzzling over solutions.

Exploring seats and windscreens in progress.

Desperately seeking 'under mirror' aux light mounts.

It's a wonderful motorcycle.

Great!

Pictures please, when you have the rear mounted too!

What points do the front mount to? Can you post pics of that too?

Also, I am not sure what lights you want to add, but I will add Krista Clearwater lights. I have send an email asking when under the mirror mounts will be available. You may want to check them out yourself.

thanks

SNIP>
<SNIP

I have a set of these sitting on my bench ready for install. The instructions and pictures show that they''ll fit the '14 RTW. Alaska bugs can eventually fill the core and smell like fried fish.

Lot's from the Wunder folks

I purchased the front and rear protection bars and despite being told I could not use the cylinder head protection covers if you click the associated parts for them you find that there is a two bolt and spacer kit available that allows both the cylinder head covers and the protection bars to peacefully and easily co-exist. Dealers take note.

I purchased the front and rear protection bars and despite being told I could not use the cylinder head protection covers if you click the associated parts for them you find that there is a two bolt and spacer kit available that allows both the cylinder head covers and the protection bars to peacefully and easily co-exist. Dealers take note.

What make of bars did you purchase?

Can you post some pictures?

Neil TasteMoringa.com
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back