• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Reset Service Reminder R1200RS & R1200R GS-911

lee

Debbie's Servant
The new red wifi GS-911 has not been working to reset the service reminder on the liquid cooled R1200RS and R1200R when using a windows laptop.
It has worked when using a smart phone, but not a laptop.
Hexcode has finally found the problem and will have a fix soon.
For now they have a work-around that I tried on both of our 2016 R1200RS bikes and it worked.
The problem was only on the liquid cooled R1200RS and R1200R.

Below are two posts from Hexcode.

Francois said:
Good news! We currently have an RS in our garage for testing, and it looks like we found the source of the problem. There are a number of other things that also need attention right now, but we should be able to release a solution for this issue swiftly. :D

Francois said:
Even better news! We have a work-around that you can use to reset your service reminder right now with the existing GS-911 PC app.

The work-around requires that you use the "Choose custom date / mileage" function, and it should work for both the R1200R and R1200RS that have the XKOMBI53 instrument cluster.

The problem is that the XKOMBI53 cluster controller only accepts a service distance that differs from the bike's current odo value in increments of 100 km. Example: if your bike odo is currently at 10345 km, your service reminder distance can be set to 10445 km, 10545 km, 10645 km, etc. But, the cluster controller will not allow 10349 km or 10449 km or 10549 km, and also not 10355 km or 10455 km or 10555 km, etc. In other words, the last two digits of your service reminder distance must be exactly the same as the last two digits of your odo value, but only for km.

For those people working in miles, you'll have to do a conversion, but it may be easier to just set the GS-911 app to use km while you are resetting your service reminder.

We'll get this fixed in the app so that you won't see an error message for invalid values in future.

Lee,

I just did an 18,000 mile service and couldn't get the GS911 to reset the service reminder on our 2016 R1200RS.

Of course the OEM BMW computer at Iron Horse did ;)

No charge or appointment needed for resetting the computer as I buy all my service stuff from them.

Deryle Mehrten
Sierra Vista, AZ USA

Lee,

I just did an 18,000 mile service and couldn't get the GS911 to reset the service reminder on our 2016 R1200RS.

Of course the OEM BMW computer at Iron Horse did ;)

No charge or appointment needed for resetting the computer as I buy all my service stuff from them.

Deryle Mehrten
Sierra Vista, AZ USA

Did you follow the instructions above and try it in last few day?
The temporary fix was only discovered this last week.

Lee,

No, I have no reason to try it at this time.

After the next service we'll see it their fix is in place and working.

Deryle Mehrten
Sierra Vista, AZ USA

Earlier in the week I tried the work-around solution when using a laptop and it worked on both of our R1200RS bikes.

Rest service reminder on a R1200GS LC

The new red wifi GS-911 has not been working to reset the service reminder on the liquid cooled R1200RS and R1200R when using a windows laptop.
It has worked when using a smart phone, but not a laptop.
Hexcode has finally found the problem and will have a fix soon.
For now they have a work-around that I tried on both of our 2016 R1200RS bikes and it worked.
The problem was only on the liquid cooled R1200RS and R1200R.

Below are two posts from Hexcode.

2013 R1200GS. I have never gotten the service reminder to work from a smartphone or tablet. I finally got my windows laptop to connect to the 911 device if I do the wifi connection in a certain sequence. The usb cable does not get me in to use the service reminder. If I could do it via my smartphone, that would be fantastic. It seems to want to be connected to both the house wifi and the device wifi in order to use the service reminder update.

2013 R1200GS. I have never gotten the service reminder to work from a smartphone or tablet. I finally got my windows laptop to connect to the 911 device if I do the wifi connection in a certain sequence. The usb cable does not get me in to use the service reminder. If I could do it via my smartphone, that would be fantastic. It seems to want to be connected to both the house wifi and the device wifi in order to use the service reminder update.

The GS-911 forum was helpful for me when I had questions. http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/
I also had good luck emailing Hexcode. hexcode.mojohelpdesk.com

Back