• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Renting a BMW in CO or WY

P

pinkjacket

Hi, all:

I'm looking for some guidance from those who live in WY or CO regarding renting a BMW. I'm planning a trip to Yellowstone in mid-July with my girlfriends and we all will be renting bikes once we get out there. The other ladies will be renting Harleys (why????) which are easy to find, but I'm seeking a BMW F650GS or F800GS that's lowered. I'm only 5'1 so the standard height won't work for me.

However, I'm not having much luck finding places that rent. I called Eaglerider but they do not have any lowered bikes..only standard height. I currently ride a F800ST with lowered seat and lowered frame.

Can anyone recommend a few places that I can contact? There is the option of shipping my bike out there to a friend who lives in Ft. Collins, CO but I worry that the bike won't get there in time and hate to put the burden of delivery on someone else.

Thanks for any help!

PinkJacket

Folks tend to rent Harleys because they are easier to find and they are low.

Don't overlook the Montana dealerships. I have ridden all through the region and I prefer the ride from Bozeman or Missoula to Yellowstone rather than Ft Collins to Yellowstone.

Folks tend to rent Harleys because they are easier to find and they are low.

Don't overlook the Montana dealerships. I have ridden all through the region and I prefer the ride from Bozeman or Missoula to Yellowstone rather than Ft Collins to Yellowstone.

I hadn't thought of Montana, but I will definitely look into it. Always wanted to visit Montana so this is a good reason.

Thanks for the suggestion.

PJ

Thanks. I've zipped an email off to Maverick requesting more information on their bikes and rentals. One of my travel mates came across Adventure rentals. From their website it doesn't look like they have a bike low enough for me but I'm going to contact them for more info. It's a struggle when you're vertically challenged!

I have not used them but www.tourbikes.com is the company with a link on the BMW of Denver site. I have seen some of their trade-ins on the floor at BMW of Denver. The trade in bikes have been in good shape so I assume they take care of their equipment. Have fun in our neck of the woods!

Back