• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RDL system on 2020 R1250RT

wemi

My solution to the seat issue. Well made, very comfy. This is the "sport seat" version of the RDL seat. It's a bit narrower and does not have the extreme wings on the front seat, which I do not need. This is the All-Leather version with "brown bomber" seat inserts and black leather trim using the stock heater controls provided in your own seat pan, which you have to send to RDL The fitting small driver headrest with the same color combo and the passenger headrest on the top case are also included in my package. Total cost w/freight, insurance and CA taxes at $1,750.00 and three month wait.

Attachments

• RDL on R1250RT.jpg
    RDL on R1250RT.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 230
Nice!
Report back on how your butt thanks you.
OM

Jury still out re: my butt. The seat is quite firm compared to the OEM. so the inverse of the stock furniture applies. First half hour of the stock seat is more comfortable but then it becomes increasingly more uncomfortable. Longest stretch on the RDL has been around 8 hours with tank/bladder stops, of course. The driver's backrest is very nice (and extremely sturdy as opposed to the Sargent, which I also own) as it provides a more forward/straighter seating position due to the pressure in the small of the back, making the handlebars easier to access. Also the Ilium hwy pegs on my crashbars are within better reach and allow for a more solid backpush into the backrest providing significantly more control of the bike.
As I said before fit and finish are impeccable {stiching, underside fastening is up to BMW quality, material quality) making the ridiculous price of admission worth while.
YMMV

how much of a difference in the RDL seat height have you noticed compared to the OEM or Sargent? Were you able to flat foot previous to the RDL?

how much of a difference in the RDL seat height have you noticed compared to the OEM or Sargent? Were you able to flat foot previous to the RDL?

RDL will build the seat to your wishes after you send them some pictures of you on your bike in some specific positions. From this they can gage what the seat should look like for you. My stock seat was in the low position and my new seat has not moved from that. I can still "flatfoot" as before. That being said, the "winglets" on the edges of the seat will cause your legs to "NOT fall down" as before on your stock seat. By design your thighs will therefore be a bit higher on the bike. This is why I chose the Sport Seat. Its "winglets" are a bit narrower and IMO better suited for this bike.

On a previous K1600GTL, which I owned; I used the standard wider seat as that bike is wider than the RT. It was more of a "road sofa".

As I said in my above post, SFSG.

Back