• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

polychromatic sunglasses

TPR3CATS3

Sensitive Eyes

I have an issue in that I have very sensitive eyes, e.g., I'm always getting specs of dust, etc. in my eyes when wearing a variety of full faced helmets. So, I have a pair of PanOptx sunglasses that have a foam "cup" that is supposed to help eliminate dust from getting into your eyes. And they work great for this and fit well under my full face helmet shield. The problem is, they reduce my peripheral vision, and that's not good when doing head checks. So, I'm looking for suggestions for sunglasses that block dust, etc. yet permit good peripheral vision. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have an issue in that I have very sensitive eyes, e.g., I'm always getting specs of dust, etc. in my eyes when wearing a variety of full faced helmets. So, I have a pair of PanOptx sunglasses that have a foam "cup" that is supposed to help eliminate dust from getting into your eyes. And they work great for this and fit well under my full face helmet shield. The problem is, they reduce my peripheral vision, and that's not good when doing head checks. So, I'm looking for suggestions for sunglasses that block dust, etc. yet permit good peripheral vision. Any suggestions? Thanks.

This is one reason I go for the outdoor wraparound style safety glasses. They probably don't seal as well as the Panoptix, but they are certainly much better than regular sunglasses and especially the aviator style sunglasses.

I've had my transistions glasses for nearly 3 years. Never had a problem with them darkening in the car or on the bike. I'm about to get my second pair, since I had an eye exam today and my prescription has changed considerably.

If anything, I don't think they lighten up quickly enough. I once fell in through the doorway of the bike shop (missed the step!) taking the bike in for service. I've since learned to take the darned things off for a couple of minutes when I come inside. :doh

Back