• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pak-Meister seat for a '8 R1200GS

MARTYH

Seat treads are kind of like tire threads - endless. Sorry to contribute to that.

I want an after market seat for my R1200GS. It is a factory lowered frame but with standard seat ( a little more comfortable). With my 30" inseam, this seat is Max. on height. I communicated with Russell and was told their seat would be 1 to 2" taller. Dat won't work. Looked at both Meyers sites but communications
seem lacking.

I saw on e-bay a posting for Pak-Meister seat (new foam and cover). Price is GOOD and delivery is GREAT. However, hows the seat? Has anyone had any experience with Pak-Meister seat???
Thanks
Marty

Okay, I had contacted Seat Concepts to see if they made foam and a cover for the 1200GS. To keep a long story short, apparently they make the foam and covers for Pakmeister (or so I was told). I got a foam and cover from Seat Concepts with the agreement I'd give them some feedback so they could improve the product.

1. The foam is very nice. Meaning that it has the right sort of give to it. Not real soft like the GSA foam, which is softer than the GS as I remember. So closer to my Sargent, but no quite that firm.

2. Shape. Needs work. On my GSA seat I left it in the low position for both adjusters. On my Sargent I had to go to high in the front and low in the back to keep from sliding forward. On the SC seat, even with the front in the high position and the rear in the low, I slide forward on the family jewels. The back needs to be cut down. Also the side foam is thicker than it needs to be so it forces you legs out a little. I'm talking about the foam down the sides that only get used when you legs are hanging down. Doesn't have any effect when riding.

So, I've been riding on it for a few weeks now and like the feel of the foam enough that I haven't switched back to the Sargent, but for a long trip I'd have to switch back. Or cut the seat foam.

I'll be writing this up for the Seat Concepts folks with some pictures and hopefully they can tweak the shape.

Hope that helps you out. Personally I wouldn't spend more than $100 for the foam and seat with the current shape.

Back