• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New to the MOA, but hitting the double nickel very soon.

MikeD

I want to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Mike Dalton, I have ridden since the late 70's with a long break for raising a family and meeting their needs. I have watched the MOA from the sidelines for sometime, reading and learning. WOW what a great organization. I joined several months ago and am now ready to hit the road. I pick up my new '12 R1200RT tomorrow morning; you would think its christmas eve. So...as a new guy around here, it is nice to know this resource exists for help and guidance. I look forward to being part of something special.

MikeD, you are on the same path as many other here. You decided to come back with quite a splash. Nice bike. Enjoy.

Hey Mike, welcome to one of the best excuses to embark on a big road trip on your new R1200RT. According to Google Maps it's about 1,200 miles from Canton, NY to Sedalia, MO... site of this year's 40th BMW MOA Rally. That may seem like a bunch of miles, but you just picked the bike that will make it seem effortless.

Give it some thought, cover your bases, and begin to make plans to hit the road in order to make the show in Sedalia by July 19. Riding around on that R1200RT is fun... going places and seeing the country on that mile-muncher will turn fun into a deeper appreciation of "the ride".

Welcome to the MOA and hope to see you in Sedalia.

Back