• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new mexico info....

howiemacrum

oregon rider needs info on new mexico rt 113/rt 146, east of lordsburg, to rt 9 thru hachita, columbus, poncho via state park, to el paso....road in general?....o.k. in march?......coming in on rt 70 from globe, az. and going rt 180 into texas before the heat! thanks much...

NM-9 is a pleasant two lane road, much nicer than droning along on I-10. Around Columbus there are a lot of pepper farms. I haven't been further east than that. Watch out for the Border Patrol guys on the ATVs, they can come out of nowhere.

NM-9 is a pleasant two lane road, much nicer than droning along on I-10. Around Columbus there are a lot of pepper farms. I haven't been further east than that. Watch out for the Border Patrol guys on the ATVs, they can come out of nowhere.

Hi, Howard,
Either 113 or 146 is ok. They are 2 lane farm roads, mostly good pavement, but there could be some gravel, a pothole, etc. NM9 is a fine road. West of Columbus there is ranching and farming, so watch out for farm equipment, cattle, Border Patrol, Military, etc. East of Columbus, for 59 miles, there is virtually nothing. You may see Border Patrol and Military, but little farming. You might see a few cattle, but not many. When you reach the end of NM9 (it dead-ends into the road to/from the Santa Theresa Border Crossing), do you know how to get to US62/180, the Carlsbad Highway? I think that's what I read you want to be on. Remember, there is little gas on NM9. If you can't make another 75 miles or more when you arrive in Columbus, buy gas there. Once you leave Columbus, there is no gas until Sunland Park.

Phil gave the good answer. I can only add, I love New Mexico, not exactly Mexico and not exactly new. :)

thanks & another question....

thanks fellow riders......sounds like nm 113, 146, & 9 are just what we were looking for...we'll keep our tanks topped and eyes open...and phil, how do we catch us 62/180 (yeap, we were taking this route) when we hit the santa theresa border crosiing inrtersection? howard r100pd corvallis, oregon

hello fellow riders, oh yeah, never take i-10....nm rt 114, 146, & 9 are great...camp ground, motel, & food (stacked green corn enchilada with chile verde sauce / fried egg excellent!) in columbus all good.....tnx pglaves, phmartin, & darrylri....howardmacrum corvallis, or.....

Back