• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Movie Prequel for Mad Max Movies coming In 2024

exgman

I saw a blurb about an upcoming movie which is said to be a prequel to the Mad Max Movies. Here's the URL: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12037194/. Title of the the movie is: "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga"

Looking at the various pieces of the trailer, it's clear that motorcycles will have a big role in the film. Here's a screenshot of one photo in the promo-piece. Looking closely it seems like there are at least a couple of highly-modified BMW R18s in the production as well as GS's:

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 12.28.34 PM.png

Nice John.
Must be a lot of fun dreaming up and building the vehicles for the MM movies. :thumb

OM

Mad Maxine?
Looks like fun, and good to know that bikes will still be around long after the zombie apocalypse.
Hollywood's writers' strike delayed a lot of work, so new releases will be late.

Clarifying point: The OG Mad Max, a cheap Australian movie starring a young Mel Gibson, was the actual prequel. This looks like it's trying to fill the gap between Thunderdome and Fury Road.

If you haven't watched the original, it's recommended. Lots of old Japanese I4s, big V8s and mayhem.

"The Juice. The precious Juice."

Re: image in the OP - note the R9T (?) on the extreme right.

Dave - Of course you're right. The original Mad Max was nothing like anything that followed. In my haste I used the term "prequel" which the production uses to characterize this movie. Once Mad Max moved into the dystopian theme, it lost its allure for me and others, I'm sure.

As to the actual hardware, looks like BMW supported this production with more than a few pieces, as you note.

Dave - Of course you're right. The original Mad Max was nothing like anything that followed. In my haste I used the term "prequel" which the production uses to characterize this movie. Once Mad Max moved into the dystopian theme, it lost its allure for me and others, I'm sure.

As to the actual hardware, looks like BMW supported this production with more than a few pieces, as you note.

:thumb

Sorry to nitpick. :lol3

I'm pretty stoked. The Fury Road episode was really, really great.

If anyone cares to watch the original "Mad Max" it's now available for watching on Prime Video. It begins with an interesting car chase which includes a motorcycle-mounted police officer (same PD as Mel Gibson) who crashes but survives and laughs it off. I couldn't tell the make of the motorcycle but it's not a BMW.

Back