• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: K 13000 S,R, GT Press Kit

Who drew this? A 9 year old hopped up on too many viewings of Transformers??

389027466_9Ksua-M.jpg

Pretty cool, eh?
It's hard to believe that the company that built the tragically bland and sluggish K-bikes of old is building these innovative rocketships.

Pretty cool, eh?
It's hard to believe that the company that built the tragically bland and sluggish K-bikes of old is building these innovative rocketships.

Oy.

Don't you have a CMS to disparage, er, I mean finish, K-man? :p

i can't imagine the expenditure in tooling needed to make these subtle changes, the K's are in some cases what, 2 years old???

Oy.

Don't you have a CMS to disparage, er, I mean finish, K-man? :p

Zeus comes down from his mountain and says, "You can have either bike - a brand new K75 or a brand new K1300." Which do you choose and why?

:lurk

But really, old K-bikes are nice for what they are, but if they were food, they'd be TV dinners served with Tab.

These new bikes of the past decade or so are damn cool. It's nice to see BMW realizing that motorcycles are supposed to be fun. :stick

Who drew this? A 9 year old hopped up on too many viewings of Transformers??

389027466_9Ksua-M.jpg

I'm with you on this. It is just butt ugly. Before you know it they will start styling like those hideous KTM's.

My '93 K1100RS is looking better each new model year.

Mika, when I saw this post: "Morning Reads: K 13000 S,R, GT Press Kit" I was thinking that BMW went off the deep end with a 13 litre engine!

Zeus comes down from his mountain and says, "You can have either bike - a brand new K75 or a brand new K1300." Which do you choose and why?

The K75.
$18,000 cheaper than the new K. :D

These new bikes of the past decade or so are damn cool. It's nice to see BMW realizing that motorcycles are supposed to be fun.

My next bike is going to be a Versys or something equally red and cheap.

Thats alright you can still look and dream, just make certain you move the walker in the process.
:stick :whistle

I keep tripping over mine.
:rofl

Your jest is closer to the truth than you know. I currently have a walker to aid me with my broken ankle and messed up shoulder. :doh Got a nice little basket on it so I can carry stuff around the house. Can't do that with the crutches, hands are full. :p

Most K75s have a feature the new K1300s do not...... No payment book.

That K1300R is the ugliest bike I have ever seen, except for the K1200R.

Ralph Sims

Your jest is closer to the truth than you know. I currently have a walker to aid me with my broken ankle and messed up shoulder. :doh Got a nice little basket on it so I can carry stuff around the house. Can't do that with the crutches, hands are full. :p

Well at least your sense of humor isn't broken. :thumb Good luck on the recovery.

I like the K bikes old or new. The color on the R we are looking at wouldn't be my first choice unless I could cut a deal with a painter friend. My wallet does not like the price.

And anohter thing.....

It seems that no matter where you look on the forum you see "My RT broke" or "Final Drive Failure" or this or that. But you almost NEVER see "My K75 broke" :jester

And anohter thing.....

It seems that no matter where you look on the forum you see "My RT broke" or "Final Drive Failure" or this or that. But you almost NEVER see "My K75 broke" :jester

You must have missed those years. There was a stretch when damn near every thread on the lists/boards was about K75 issues - FD splines, clutch splines, transmission issues, hall sensors, flakey instrument clusters, etc.

I will have to wait and see about the turn signals. I don't think that is going to be a big deal. The horn is another story. Since my first BMW in the mid 80's I have never been able to find the damn horn button when I need it.
:laugh

What, no panniers or tank bag?

Sorry about that. :cry

Hope that your injuries are healed soon. Best of luck.

John

Panniers would make it too wide for the doorways, and there's no tank to mount a tankbag to :laugh

Mika said:
Well at least your sense of humor isn't broken. Good luck on the recovery.

Takes a lot to break that. :dance

Back