• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: FRIDAY THE 13th, June 2008

mika

Still Wondering
TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

middleChocolate-Chip-Cake-Pearl-C.jpg

237640163_kYTbR-XL.jpg

thenewcaferacersociety.com
Jerry KiefferÔÇÖs fully functional scale model knuckle head

motorcycledaily.com
Next generation Ducati MotoGP bike to feature carbon fiber frame

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v13fFR9hvGQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v13fFR9hvGQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bikervoodoo.com
Burell Firebolt to feature in upcoming ÔÇ£Transformers 2: Revenge of the FallenÔÇØ

citybiker.com
Best Practices: Xena disc lock

sm_bmw-book.jpg

cmgonline.com
REVIEW: BMW Racing Motorcycles

Bikes in the fast Lane
BMW R900RT [No, this is not a typo.]

motorcyclenews.com
Government [UK] motorcycle helmet test results revealed

If the AMA would lobby like this people might support it
mica.co.uk
Motorcycle Industry asks employers to cater for bike commuters

motorcyclistonline.com
2008 AMA XTREM Supermoto Championship kicks off with ÔÇÿThe Battle of SeattleÔÇÖ Saturday July 5th

Who da thunk when we were kids and complaining about the lousy finish on the Honda 750 back in the day it would become a coveted collectors item to be reproduced?
thekneeslider.com
World Motorcycles Sandcast Honda CB750 Restorations

visordown.com
The 24 Karat MV Agusta F4

237905512-XL.jpg

Racing Links and Feeds:

The Sanctioning Bodies
AMA Pro Racing ÔÇô with links to the various AMA series.
FIM
FIM World Championship ÔÇô Endurance
MotoGO ÔÇô Official website
SBK Superbike World Championship

Links to racing news feeds.
Auto Racing Daily: Motorcycle Racing
Auto Racing Daily: Superbike
BBC: Motorsport ÔÇô Rallying ÔÇô World Edition
Crash.Net: MotoGP
Crash.Net: World Superbikes
HighRevs.net: MotoGP
Motorsport.com : World Superbike
MCN: Motor Sport
MCN: World Superbikes
Roadracingworld.com
Superbike-News.co.uk: Superbike
Superbikeplanet.com

BMW Sauber F1

BMW Motorsport

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Interview with Robert Kubica
06-12-2008 Press Release
ÔÇ£They were the longest, but also the most relaxed laps of my Formula One career.ÔÇØ

Munich/Hinwil, 12th June 2008. Robert Kubica made it onto the top step of the podium at the Canadian Grand Prix in what was only his 29th race in Formula One. In taking the chequered flag in Montreal, the Pole also handed the BMW Sauber F1 Team its maiden victory. After seven of the season's 18 races, Kubica now leads the Drivers' World Championship with 42 points.

Four days after the race, how does it feel to have recorded your first grand prix victory?

Robert Kubica: ÔÇ£It is a wonderful feeling, not only for me but for the whole team, for everybody who contributed to the win. Of course, we had a little luck on Sunday, but we earned that good fortune. In the end we were able to celebrate a one-two victory, in which Nick also played his part. It was a fantastic result, which gives the team a big motivation boost.ÔÇØ

At what point during the race did you first think that you could take the win?

Kubica: ÔÇ£When Lewis and Kimi were eliminated from the race at the first pit stop I was the leading two-stopper. However, the Safety Car phase appeared to play into the hands of the drivers on a one-stop strategy. I was stuck for far too long behind slower cars, until the last of them came into the pits. Then I was at last able to attack and extend my lead. The first relief came when my second pit stop went smoothly. The pit crew once again did a perfect job. It was once I found that I was still ahead of Nick that I had the first thoughts of winning. I cut down my speed and concentrated totally on not making any mistakes over the final 15 laps. They were the longest, but also the most relaxed laps of my Formula One career so far, as I had no more pressure and only needed to bring the car home.ÔÇØ

What have you been doing in the days following your victory?

Kubica: ÔÇ£There has not been much time. IÔÇÖve just tried to recharge my energy levels. IÔÇÖve done some training and spent the rest of the time relaxing. On Wednesday I travelled to Barcelona, where IÔÇÖm testing on Thursday and Friday with a view to the next race at Magny-Cours.ÔÇØ

Next weekend youÔÇÖll be driving the Formula One car at the BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park in Warsaw. Are you looking forward to meeting the Polish fans?

Kubica: ÔÇ£I hope the weatherÔÇÖs good, if so it will definitely be an exciting event. We were over there a year ago, and an unbelievable amount of people turned up even though it was during the holidays. This time it is likely even more people will be there. For me it will be quite a demanding weekend. IÔÇÖll have the two days of testing first before flying off to Warsaw on Friday evening, and then it all gets started on Saturday morning. But if the fans enjoy themselves, then all the effort will have been worthwhile.ÔÇØ

You are now leading the DriversÔÇÖ World Championship. Do you think you have a realistic chance of winning the title?

Kubica: ÔÇ£I did not expect to be leading the championship after seven races, as our car is not the absolute fastest on the grid. However, we have total reliability. We were still experiencing a few problems in this area last year, but since then weÔÇÖve made huge improvements. Added to which, the pit crew has done a great job, as has everybody in the team. I have collected points regularly so far this year, but of course I donÔÇÖt know if that is going to continue. I will focus on the grands prix one at a time and try to take maximum points in every situation. Of course, consistency is an important factor, and I hope that we are also able to make further improvements to the car. Then we can achieve good things. Whatever happens, we have to do all we can to make the best of the situation. After all, who knows if I will ever get a chance like this again. One thing is for sure ÔÇô IÔÇÖll be giving it everything.ÔÇØ

238372610_zdkLA-XL.jpg

BMW Website Review:

TED: Ideas worth spreading
TED Blog,Conferences, Themes, Talks and Speakers

BMW Yachtsport

BMW Golfsport

BMW Oracle Racing

297373404_WbW4h-Ti.gif
BMW PressClub

312134700_HQo7A-L.jpg

BMW OF NORTH AMERICA EXPANDS HEADQUARTERS
06/12/2008

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - June 12, 2008...BMW of North America, LLC. today opened its new $100 million addition to its Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey US headquarters. The expansion is BMW Group's largest investment in the U.S. since the inception of its U.S. subsidiary in 1975, apart from the plant in Spartanburg, S.C.
The new buildings will be home to BMW GroupÔÇÖs national Training Center, Eastern Sales Region and U.S. Engineering operations. The facilities will help the company to develop advanced technology and the highest level of professional training for a premium customer experience. 1,000 people will be working on the expanded BMW of North America Campus.

ÔÇ£These new facilities represent BMWÔÇÖs long-term commitment to America, to New Jersey and the region from where we draw our talented work force,ÔÇØ said Tom Purves, Chairman and CEO of BMW (US) Holding Corp. ÔÇ£They are part of BMW's growing footprint in the U.S., a demonstration of our increasing commitment to and presence in this great country.ÔÇØ

Overall, BMW Group will invest $1billion in the U.S. by 2012 to retain its position in the worldÔÇÖs largest vehicle market. With total sales of more than 336,000 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce vehicles in 2007, BMW Group has enjoyed 16 years of consecutive growth in America.

ÔÇ£The investments are a clear sign of our strong belief in the potential of the U.S. market. We know that we have to invest in the worldÔÇÖs biggest market if we want to be successful on a worldwide scale,ÔÇØ said Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG responsible for Sales and Marketing. ÔÇ£The long term market outlook for the U.S. is positive ÔÇô even though the country is navigating through a soft economy today. The U.S. will remain by far the leading premium vehicle market in terms of size and impact and we are well prepared to be part of the growth.ÔÇØ

Apart from the investment in New Jersey, the company recently announced plans to expand production of its South Carolina plant by 50 percent by 2012. $750 million will be invested and 500 additional jobs created at the factory. BMW of North America also announced to build two new regional parts distribution centers to better serve the increasing numbers of BMW and MINI vehicles on U.S. roads. Total investment for these facilities including inventory will be $170 million.

Pictures: see www.press.bmwgroup.com (US pressclub)

BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, an industrial design firm in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW GroupÔÇÖs global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all Z4 models, X5 Sports Activity Vehicles and the X6 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 338 BMW passenger car centers, 335 BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 142 BMW motorcycle retailers, 82 MINI passenger car dealers, and 30 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW GroupÔÇÖs sales headquarters for North, Central and South America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.

237925770-XL.jpg

Conversion tools:

Universal Currency Converter by xe.com

Online Conversion tools by onlinecoversion.com

BlogRoll: some of the blogs I have collected while purposefully wondering around the internet.

M.R. Traveler

2009 Dakar
The journey of overcoming serious mental illness to do the 2009 Dakar

NATIONAL MUSTARD DAY IS SATURDAY, AUGUST 2nd.

Mount Horeb Mustard Museum
P.O. Box 468
100 West Main Street
Mount Horeb, WI 53572

Start planning your trip now. We'll roll out the yellow carpet for you. For our out of town visitors, we have secured a block of rooms at the nearby Deer Valley Lodge for the special Mustard Lovers price of only $199 per room for the entire weekend (Friday and Saturday nights). That's a savings of $58 over the regular summer room rates.
You must book your room by July 2. Call 1-888-924-1601 and mention "Mustard Block" when you reserve

HamiltonInternationalVillage.com:
HamiltonÔÇÖs 11th Annual Mustard Festival
Labor Day Weekend
August 29th ÔÇô August 31st [ItÔÇÖs Canadian :ca]

Places 2 Ride Blog

www.biker-events.com
Finding the Good Times on 2 Wheels

Horizonsunlimited.com ÔÇô Newsletter

Gillette_447.png

2008 International Rally
Gillette, Wyoming, July 17-20 2008

Mining The Website

Threads worth following:

North to ALASKA!

Road Side Attrations

The elections threads; then vote early and often.

News and Features
An archive of posted features, news and photos

TodayÔÇÖsRoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot
The Blog

182526939-M.gif

Packer News: Packers.com, jsonline.com - Packers Plus Online

Humor

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City
Sluggy Freelance
The Onion