• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 31 August 2008

mika

Still Wondering
Happy Birthday

237640101_52AUd-XL.jpg

autobloggreen.com: Electic scooter concept badged as a Nissan
Take a look at the picture. I am sorry is this even a scooter, or is it a toaster with wheels? In the past I have had fun ridding the former. I use the latter most mornings but I am not certain putting wheels on my toaster will improve breakfast.

362175999_wRvNA-M.jpg

I stumbled across this odd but very interesting motorcycle design project apparently supported by BMW. In a brief web search I kept running across the same text in multiple languages but could not trace back to an original source beyond this: Beema Adreas Martin. I was not able to find any reference in my normal BMW sources. What follows is the text that is common to all the sources I found.

ÔÇ£BeemaÔÇØ this is a new name to the motorcycle market. This motorcycle concept is revealed by Mr. Andreas Martin. He has designed this motorcycle to take on any obstacle like Chairs, Banks. We can ride this motorcycle in two different modes, to overcome the distance in the city stunt-riding mode is used and the cruise mode is used to relax in well-seated position. This on going project is cooperated with BMW motorcycles.

Billed as a motorcycle it seems to be part BMX bike, part stunt bike, part trials motorcycle with an interesting chassis design. There is no indication of what the propulsion system is but it appears to be a stressed member and a major part of what holds it all together.

362176025_FWYey-M.jpg

The circular item could be an electric motor which would make sense in an urban warrior bike. Several of the blogers that have run with this story peg it as an electric. But where are the ponderous batteries that follow along with these motors?

It could hint at a radial internal combustion engine. We have seen some new experiments in this on these pages in the past months. Tie them with an environmentally friendly fuel and again it would appeal to the purely green urban adventurer.

362176117_4fJxC-M.jpg

The front suspension is very interesting. I am still figuring out how it works and the geometry of it, but then I am a bit slow at times.

BMW has a history of working with a variety of projects with universities and other groups that skim below the radar normally. Therefore it is not unreasonable that this would be a BMW supported project. I just can not verify it myself.

Have any of you come across this before and have any more information to share?

motorradonline.de: Focus on motorcycle design
A glimpse into what six students at the University of Pforzheim think of the future of motorcycles.

Solomoto.com: Comparative BMW R1200GS and F800GS

motorevue.com: Will Yamaha be revealing a new FJR1400 soon?

239852409_KpNpL-M.jpg

worldofbmw.com: BMW Motorrad contests ISDE the International Six Days

Long intro
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V06DsL1FCmQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V06DsL1FCmQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

motorcycle-usa.com: Steel City Results Rnd 12/12

240145127_6rABF-L.jpg

topspeed.com: Lotus Europa i6 concept car.

237925770_HoJge-XL.jpg

Stuff

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghGzyrk6-Gk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghGzyrk6-Gk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

reuters.com: Drive a Bugatti supercar without ownership hassle

nytimes.com: Surge in Natural gas has Utah driving cheaply

nytimes.com: BillionairesÔÇÖ yacht rivalry spills into court room

forums.bmwmoa.org: experiment ÔÇô you folks write the sig line policy

182526939_JkRJz-Ti.jpg

Packers Blog ÔÇô jsonline.com
Packers.com ÔÇô News from the football shrine
Green Bay Post Gazette: Packer News, Commentary

Offical site of the Premier League

GasBuddy.com has gas temperature maps intended to let you see what gas prices are around the US and Canada. Areas are color coded according to the reported local average price for regular unleaded gasoline.
US
Canada

Channel 3 News: The Ian Schmeisser Phenomenon

Is this how it all began?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kiTsULG6iVQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kiTsULG6iVQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How will it end?

358363679_ucvAY-M.jpg

Bike Candy

360592116_87VQu-O.jpg

THE END

Thanks gilly. I had been to the Yanko design site. I had not spent as much time as I should have looking over the pics at the Andreas Martin blog site where your picture link gets its copy from; however.

:thumb

Back