• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 27 October 2008

mika

Still Wondering
Happy Birthday

US Forest Service: Fall color guide

urbanext.uiuc.edu: The Miracle of Fall ÔÇô About Fall Color

thenkeeslider.com: BMW HP2 Enduro Recall

nhtsa.dot.gov recall link

237640205_QxcZ4-M.jpg

Just in case you missed it: USA TUNISIA THRE WIN BMW Motorrad International Trophy

thekneeslider.com: Ducati Desmosedici recall

No cosmetic surgery for the CR is covered in the Buell recall.
thekneeslider.com: Buell 1125R ÔÇô 1125CR recall

SANTA!!!
MV 910 Bestiale is now available as a kit
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lojmhGfi40U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lojmhGfi40U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
P.S. ÔÇô Santa I need bike too, not just the kit. :laugh

[url=http://southsiders-mc.blogspot.com/2008/10/birth-of-master-builder-part-3_24.html]southsiders-mc.com
: Birht of a Master Builder part 3 [with links to 1,2]

caferacerreturn.com: FATclub ÔÇô Z900 FATracer

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Triumph motor rebuilding

jockeyjournal.com: The Art of the Motorcycle

thenewcaferacersociety.com: When is a motorcycle not a motorcycle? Alvino DesignÔÇÖs Proxima concept

thenewcaferacersociety: Patent ÔÇô art Ecosse Spirit ES1

thenewcaferacingsociety.com: Nick HormanÔÇÖs Borgossa concept

onewheeldrive.net: KTM 950 Super Enduro R ÔÇô The cure for common sense
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbXrxcSFjxg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbXrxcSFjxg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

motorcycle-usa.com: Euro Gossip

Honda.com: Honda demonstrates lifesaving motorcycle technology

From mc24.no, a Norwegian source with another take on the topic
mc24.no: Honda and BMW cooperate

hellforleather.com: Fly Racing Formula MX helmet uses massive air scoops

webbikeworld.com: HJC FS-15 Carbon motorcycle helmet
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/waW7wE43xSM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/waW7wE43xSM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cmgonline.com: Cartoon to enlighten riders
euro-cartoon.jpg

Bikes in the Fast Lane: My kind of mayor

: Trail riding in Spain

[url=http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/October/20-26/oct2408-versys-10-best-parts/?&R=EPI-103769]motorcyclenews.com
: The 10 best parts for the Kawasaki Versys

autobloggreen.com: Electric Motorsport introduces the GPR-S electric motorcycle

I had troubles creating a translated link, sorry. There a plenty of pictures and a translation of the text follows. Piaggio continues its scooter success. The scooter market is increasing sales numbers while dropping revenue to the bottom line for many manufactures of big bikes. If this hits the market does it further pressure BMW to release its rumored mega scooter?
solomoto30.com: Honda GRF 750 anti T-Max

At a press conference at the French media, Honda Europe has been under pressure and has announced very good news for the Hall of Milan.

It was time, but as things stand, we do not believe it until we see before our eyes in the Hall EICMA in Milan, to be held from 5 to Nov. 9 at that Italian industrial city.

We do not believe until we see it, because Honda walks a little behind schedule in renovating many of its models in different categories, where he is not given the nail on the head in front of the successes of Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and even European manufacturers such as BMW or Ducati.

In recent years he waited for renovations PanEuropean 1300, GOLDWING 1800, CBR 1100 XX, XR 650 R, VTX 1800, ... which have not yet reached or reached the Honda style, without listening to what they call their dealers or their clients ( Transalp 700, ... CBF 600) ... and this year has not renewed the CBR 600 RR, which has become very slight tweaks and the addition of the C-ABS braking electronics.

Under this scenario, perhaps motivated by the operation and centralization of production in the vast factory Honda Kumamoto, Honda Europe has had to leave the passage of the reproaches of the fans, the press and to dealers, announcing to the Hall of EICMA Milan 3 or 4 very good news ...
What?, One almost certainly is a sporty scooter anti T-Max (which in Italy is selling around 15,000 units a year), because the participant is extracted (almost as if it were a tooth) that I could only say that it would be a scooter very athletic and all we went through the mind or the Griffon GRF-1 presented at the Hall of Tokyo 2004 as a prototype that Honda and patented last year in the United States.

A megascooter with tetracil?¡ndrico boxer engine, transmission cardan, two lateral holes in front of the knees for two helmets, fork alternative to the front axle ... and in a state of prototype solutions as diverse as the front perimeter, mini cameras such as mirrors, passenger seat as an endorsement, multireflectores xenon, and so on.

Honda also has made its patents ER-01, but this bike high-wheeled scooter Honda catalogs in their patents as a motorcycle, perhaps for the disposal of its engine tricil?¡ndrico ... (one day we will talk about patents for Honda, because There is the very space ... yes, space, no special ... ;-)
Other developments, very interesting, could be another scooter smaller size (an economic or already thought to Scoopy you touch a renewal, despite its excellent sales), plus two motorcycles, which will try to meet in next few days, before the Hall of Milan opens its doors on November 5.

dealernews.com: Cincinnati opens two-wheeler only parking

239852433_N2pgd-M.jpg

motorcycle-usa.com: 2009 AMA Superbike Series revealed

Here is cyclenews.comÔÇÖs take on the new AMA rules and what they mean for riders in the Alphabet Soup Wars.

news.com.au: Sun shines for perhaps the last time on Indy party

240145212_YH7KT-M.jpg

canadiandriver.com: Motoring Memories ÔÇô BMW 328, 1936 ÔÇô 1939

401971091_ScycZ-M.jpg

Porsche.com: The Porsche and Pi?½ch families have agreed: ÔÇ£We stand united behind all decisionsÔÇØ

[uel=http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=235575]autochar.com[/url]: BMW ÔÇô being green isnÔÇÖt enough

freep.com: Chrysler leader ÔÇô Be grateful, be afraid

hemmings.com: On Deck ÔÇô 1977 BMW 530i

ridelust.com: The Italian Traffic Police get a brand new Lamboghini Gallardo
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ffRgYKRsx4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ffRgYKRsx4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

globeauto.com: European car industry faces troubled times ahead

wheels.ca: Auto wreckers scrap the old ways

afp.com: Daimler to suspend production for a month

Rumors wonÔÇÖt go away for Ford ÔÇôVolvo- BMW deal
timesonline.co.uk: Crunch may drive ford to sell Volvo to BMW

237925770_HoJge-XL.jpg

Stuff

technologyreview.com: Searching for the Mobile Web

thebikergene.com: DucatiÔÇÖs branded merch fashion show - some things make fear for the future of our sport. This is one of them.

Spiegel.com: Near bankruptcy draws bargain hunting tourists to Iceland

reuters.com: A hot cuppa helps melt hearts?

timesonline.co.uk: Plug points in street will boost battery car revolution

Spiegel.de: German libraries hold thousands of looted volumes

Spiegel.com: EU plans backup copy of European civilization

reuters.com: South Korea land grab killing migratory birds

From Kelly Blue Book research ??? ÔÇô
freep.com: Obama or McCain? Car could be a clue

visordown.com: US judge bans Mongol biker gang insignia

182526939_JkRJz-Ti.jpg

Packers Blog ÔÇô jsonline.com
Packers.com ÔÇô News from the football shrine
Green Bay Post Gazette: Packer News, Commentary

Offical site of the Premier League

GasBuddy.com has gas temperature maps intended to let you see what gas prices are around the US and Canada. Areas are color coded according to the reported local average price for regular unleaded gasoline.
US
Canada

Icelanders are not terrorists

Gordon Brown unjustifiably used the anti-terrorism act against the people of Iceland, for his own short-term political gain. This has turned a grave situation into a national disaster, affecting families in both Iceland and the United Kingdom. Help us avert greater damage by signing this petition now.

Click on image to go to the website for more information.

2009 Dakar Rally

Bike Candy

403395746_HZivG-L.jpg

THE END

from Iceland Review

Icelandic ÔÇ£TerroristsÔÇØ on Display in Shopping Mall
Photographer Thorkell Thorkelsson opened his exhibition ÔÇ£Icelandic TerroristsÔÇØ in Sm?íralind shopping mall in K??pavogur on Sunday. Nearly 100 Icelanders responded to his request to be photographed with their ÔÇ£weaponÔÇØ of choice.

Thorkelsson himself and his wife Heba Soff?¡a Bj?Ârnsd??ttir are among the ÔÇ£terroristsÔÇØ portrayed in the exhibition, Morgunbladid reports.
ThorkelssonÔÇÖs exhibition was inspired by the use of the anti-terrorism legislation by British authorities to freeze the assets of Icelandic banks in the UK.
I was outraged by this measure undertaken by [British Prime Minister Gordon] Brown and [Chancellor Alastair] Darling []," Thorkelsson said. "I wondered, what can I do to demonstrate the absurdity in this?
ÔÇ£Then I figured, if Iceland is on a terrorism list, then we must be terrorists. So letÔÇÖs use our sense of humor and show who these terrorists are, what they look like and what kind of weapons they use,ÔÇØ the photographer concluded.
There are various ÔÇ£weaponsÔÇØ in the photographs, ranging from pacifiers to pens to snowballs.

Thorkell Thorkelsson working on his project. Photo by Sigurdur J?Âkull ?ôlafsson, copyright: IPA.

Attachments

• icelandicterrorists_ipa-sjo.jpg
    icelandicterrorists_ipa-sjo.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 64
I just received this LINK from someone fighting on the Icelandic Terrorist front.

Passed off as a motorcycle adventure/tour video, further video analysis showed the riders featured were taking part in rapid deployment training exercises.

Who would have thought this small island nation in the North Atlantic rich in heritage and stark beauty would find itself smack dab in the middle of the war on terrorism.

Itf

Oh wow, does that look like fun! Book now to join the ITF, the US dollar is worth a lot more there now that the Kronur has tanked.

Holly

NEWS Updat: ITF - world held hostage

It is rumored the ITF eschews traditional financial investments for a different form of investment which can be converted into a variety product streams yielding hard foreign currency or back to the immediate use and needs of the ITF.

Morning Reads is securing a sample of this financial asset and will report my findings after that dinner...err at a latter date.

The ITF was running operation Red Herring posing as wealthy Europeans and Americans riding BMWs. Remember it is unlawful to ride off-road in Iceland.

Paulbach rides one of those F 650s I bet they have him working in their Navy. I wondering what the ITF's financials look like after an 83 % drop in the Icelandic stock market ?

We have Paulbach out searching for herring, red or otherwise. http://herring.siglo.is/en/advent/ The ITF is used to surviving hard economic times. ?ôdinn and ?×or will prevail.

Holly

It is rumored the ITF eschews traditional financial investments for a different form of investment which can be converted into a variety product streams yielding hard foreign currency or back to the immediate use and needs of the ITF.

Morning Reads is securing a sample of this financial asset and will report my findings after that dinner...err at a latter date.

I??ll join you Mika. It is to die for. I know how to cook it, with sugared potatoes, red cabbage on the side. Mustard, of course especially for you. A bit of fish soup first, cake for dessert... Now just send your funds to the ITF, via the webmaster of the INLofNA :laugh

Holly

Red Herrings are always abundant especially if you read the right threads but if the materials for producing Lutafisk are embargoed then what happens?
doh.gif

Paulbach, we expect that as leader of the ITF navy, you will find the agenda for slipping through the embargo. The financials will then appear on schedule.

Holly

I??ll join you Mika. It is to die for. I know how to cook it, with sugared potatoes, red cabbage on the side. Mustard, of course especially for you. A bit of fish soup first, cake for dessert... Now just send your funds to the ITF, via the webmaster of the INLofNA :laugh

Holly

The exact menu we have planed. :thumb

You are sooooo right it is to die for and it is a sacrifice this Morning Reads, Mustard Beat reporter willing to make in the hunt for this is willing to make to get the story.

Paul get in touch with the seals and warn them that the ITF has been working on special vehicles to deal with an amphibious attack.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhE-Mnt2j6I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhE-Mnt2j6I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If Secretary Chertoff sees any of this what will happen to our borders?

Could borders be sealed? The Navy I knew was a blue water operation and once in awhile the littoral. Will need a whole new agenda to deal with this threat.
sportfencing.gif

Have had it up to my gills with the thin skins who have a whale of a time pouring water on a drowning man. (whistle smiley deleted)

Back