• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 10 September 2008

mika

Still Wondering
Happy Birthday

237640131_uKstm-L.jpg

soutsiders-mc.com: History of a legend

bikernewsonline.com: Harley plans to build smaller bikes?

onewheeldrive.net: Ducati: Many roads of Canada

thekneeslider.com: 2008 Victory Vision recall

vintagent.com: Top 20 auction prices for motorcycles

239852415_rhPZj-L.jpg

motorcyclistonline.com: AMA Pro Racing statement regardin Mat Mladin disqualification and appeal process

Found on the BMW German PressClub site ÔÇô translation by google

2008 Qtel FIM World Endurance Championship. Preview: Round 5, Bol d'Or, Magny Cours, 24 hours. BMW motorcycle is ready for the Bol d'Or.

Munich. The fourth race this year for the team Onroad
BMW Motorsport motorcycle, the 24 hours of Bol d'Or at Magny-Cours, France, next weekend. In the 72nd Edition of this famous race, the team of BMW Motorsport motorcycle again with two BMW HP2 sports.

On the bike with start number 17 go Richard Cooper, Thomas Reiter behind and Rico Penzkofer at the start, the starting point 71 pilotieren St?®phane Mertens, Sebastien Le Grelle and Brian Parriot. The young German Franz Aschenbrenner stands as a reserve driver. Last year was the Bol d'Or dramatically for the team. Despite several falls made it Cooper, background Penzkofer riders and their motorcycles into the finish, and as the 23rd in the overall standings the Open Class. The second bike with Jose-Luis Nion, Brian Parriot and Barry Burrell was on a great 14th Place, as a fall from it threw the scoring.

Berti Hauser (Head of Motorsport BMW motorcycle):
"Our fourth race this year will be very hard - hard race but we are accustomed. Certainly gives us a 24-hour race a better chance than an 8-hour race, because so much can happen. The large format is us in any case better. It is our second year in a road motorcycle world championship, and I think we have beaten very good, especially when you consider how high the level of competition in all these races. We made great experience and drove some great results. I hope that this part of the journey with a good result at next Sunday to conclude. "

The 24 hour race starts on Saturday, 13 September 15 clock on the racetrack of Magny-Cours, France, and ends on Sunday, 14 September, up 15 clock.

Formula1.com
McLaren lodge Belgian Grand Prix appeal[/url

Not a darn thing caught my eye in the cage world today.

BMW 1 Series: Design Convertible
<object width="425" height="271"><param name="FlashVars" value="requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/en/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=E1N0JAy"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.bmw-web.tv/en/player.swf?requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/en/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=E1N0JAy" /><embed src="http://www.bmw-web.tv/en/player.swf?requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/en/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=E1N0JAy" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="271" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/en/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=E1N0JAy"></embed></object>

BMW EEFFICIENTDYNAMICS WINS ?ûKOGLOBE 2008.
09/09/2008

Award presentation for Thermoelectric Generator.
Cologne. On 9th September 2008, the ?ûkoGlobe award ceremony took place in the presence of German politician Prof. Dr. Klaus T?Âpfer. The award is presented by the DEVK insurance group, the Automobil-Club Verkehr and the Center Automotive Research, Gelsenkirchen University of Applied Sciences. It marks the second consecutive year in which the BMW Group has won this coveted distinction. In the category "Development of the Combustion Engine", Dr. Klaus Draeger, BMW's Director of Development, accepted the ?ûkoGlobe 2008 on behalf of the BMW Group. It was awarded in recognition of research on implementing the Thermoelectric Generator in the car. This enables the utilisation of energy from waste heat from the combustion engine and is an example of how the BMW Group is exploiting new potentials for energy generation.

Prof. Ferdinand Dudenh?Âffer, Director Center Automotive Research, said at the award presentation: "The BMW Group's EfficientDynamics measures for raising the efficiency of series production vehicles point the way ahead for the automotive industry. The Thermoelectric Generator shows how this efficiency enhancement can be further developed in the future. Thanks to EfficientDynamics, the BMW Group has succeeded in maintaining driving pleasure while at the same time contributing to the lowering of emissions."

In his response, Dr. Klaus Draeger said: "We feel extremely honoured by what is now our third ?ûkoGlobe, which we have been awarded this time for our Thermoelectric Generator. It strengthens our resolve to continue developing BMW EfficientDynamics for the benefit of our customers and of the environment."

Up to September 2008, the BMW Group had already delivered more than 1 million vehicles with BMW EfficientDynamics technology to customers. 28 BMW Group models already have CO2 emissions of 140g CO2/km or lower. Until the end of this year 150 million litres of gasoline will be saved in comparison to 2006 and the environment will be disburdened of 370.000 tons CO2.

Stuff

[url=http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=234954]autocar.co.uk
: BritainÔÇÖs top roads

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjGfv2AeUss&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjGfv2AeUss&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ft.com: Dollar at fresh one year high

timesonline.co.uk: Oil nears $100 a barrel ahead of Opec meeting.

nytimes.com: Latest design is unveiled for 9/11 Museum

motorauthority.com: Detroit 3 running out of finance options

If we have vehicles to run they could run on cheaper ethanol due to a new bacteria reuters.com

182526939_JkRJz-Ti.jpg

Packers Blog ÔÇô jsonline.com
Packers.com ÔÇô News from the football shrine
Green Bay Post Gazette: Packer News, Commentary

Offical site of the Premier League

GasBuddy.com has gas temperature maps intended to let you see what gas prices are around the US and Canada. Areas are color coded according to the reported local average price for regular unleaded gasoline.
US
Canada

Channel 3 News: The Ian Schmeisser Phenomenon

Who is going to cough up the graft money to become the VP candidate???

358363679_ucvAY-M.jpg

Wonderings

The Morning Reads are going on break for a while. Life and other BMW MOA projects are pressing for my attention.

This does not mean I will not elevate my post count in other threads; however. See you on the forum.
:wave

Bike Candy

Via- cvmg-rms.ca

369647267_hR47T-L.jpg

THE END

This is to certify that I have read Morning Reads.

Found that smaller Harley model interesting. I suspect it would sell well in US but would undermine HOG sales.

Happy Birthday KNARY.

Mika, enjoy the hiatus.

As always, nice reading, Mika!

Thanks for posting these for the enjoyment of all of us lazy slobs who consistently find this thread much easier than searching the web ourselves. :D

Enjoy your break!

Gas Temperature maps?????

Obviously I am missing something.....

RM

Thanks for having done this daily compilation, John. I look at it almost every day. Give it all the rest it needs. Don't think that the effort is not appreciated.

The Morning Reads are going on break for a while. Life and other BMW MOA projects are pressing for my attention.

This does not mean I will not elevate my post count in other threads; however. See you on the forum.

THE END[/size][/url]

Oh no!...how will I feed my addiction to Morning Reads?
Thanks for all the work, and great mix of info-tainment

Thanks for all the comments. I am never certain what to do when I take some time off. If I just drop off the forum I start getting PMs and e-mails. When I forget to put an expected return date, well it is a bit like reading your own obit.

I am not going away to the big house with no internet. Back Monday.

PS.

<marquee>HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT</marquee>

:D

:bliss

<marquee>It's a BIRTHDAY greeting, not a SIG LINE, does that make it okay?</marquee>

:D

Besides, a little yellow bird showed me how to do it in one of his post.

Back