• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Marcus Dairy?

Jon

Wave to motorcycle cops
Can anyone confirm if Marcus Dairy locked their doors January 3rd? That was the word, just wondering if anyone has been by to see it closed. If closed whats the new Hudson Valley Sunday Morning Site? For that matter whats the Dutchess County bike night site for 2011? I heard some word about the VFW post on Violet Ave in Poughkeepsie, there were some bikes meeting Wedensday nights on Rt 376 on the Wappinger E. Fishkill border. Just wondering what anyone has seen?

There was an announcement by Marcus Dairy that was going to happen. A long time tradition is now gone.

Dunno on the other venues..

Got a good ride in today and can confirm that Marcus Dairy is indeed closed. The restaurant building is completely cleared out, with most of the fixtures having been sold at auction a couple of weeks ago.

As you might expect, there were still a couple of people hanging out in the parking lot reminiscing about days gone by. I stopped for awhile to pay my respects, then rode off in search of a new place to have breakfast.

:cat

Howdy Catman.

Try Bob's Diner in Brewster. Great food, and lots of it, plus (IIRC) 15% off for bikers. No big bike crowd, but some great food.

Also, ever been to the Duck Pond Diner, Webb's Hill Rd., Stamford, off the Merrit Pkwy? That was pretty good too.

Last edited:
Poughkeepsie or Wappinger Falls sounds good. It would be nice for the folks on the other side of the river.

Back