• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MAN vs. WILD

Callmethebreeze said:
I'm skeptical (so what else is new).
Breeze

We watched the Rocky mountain episode last night and noticed that he was wearing a life jacket under his sweatshirt while he was floating down the river using his ruck sack as a raft. It also appeared that he was wearing a wet suit as well but we couldnÔÇÖt tell for sure.

jdmetzger said:
I like Survivorman a lot more, too. Seems like "Man Vs Wild" is more for the "shock value", and less about learning how to survive. He did some pretty cool stuff on his show. I think Discovery replaced it with Man Vs Wild, though, as I haven't seen it in a while.

It is back on now, I think it is on the Science Channel now... I dunno :dunno the TiVo picks it for me...

BradfordBenn said:
It is back on now, I think it is on the Science Channel now... I dunno :dunno the TiVo picks it for me...

You led me to look at the survivorman website, which led me to the host's (Les Stroud) website. It says season 2 will be airing on Discovery and OLN networks in late February 2007. They are saying it takes place in Ecuador, and he is going to be heading to Africa in January.

He has a blog on his website http://www.lesstroudonline.com

From the blog:

"And donÔÇÖt worry ÔÇô same set up ÔÇô just me ÔÇô alone with only my camera gear. But the locations have become a bit more exotic. Along with the Amazon ÔÇô I am expecting to go to the Australian Outback, the African desert ÔÇô the African bushland, the Alaskan coast and the rough scoured rock of northern Labrador."

Nice! :thumb

Back