• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Magellan Crossover GPS

glwestcott

Recently got a new GPS for my birthday from my wife. Its a Magellan Crossover GPS and does everything I want on the road in a waterproof GPS. Plus, it works with nav charts for my sailboat! I had been waiting for something to use that would do it all. Thought about a couple of other options, but they were either too large or too small, didn't have voice output, etc. This one is the size of a Zumo or Tom Tom, but also has the nav charting capability. Also has topo map capability if you are a hiker. Quite a unit. Does have MP3 player, but can't run that when its navigating. I figure I'll only use that when I am on a long haul on the interstate and don't care about navigating. I made a mount for my dash shelf out of some metal and it fits and works great! Amazon carries it for a bit over $300.00. Good unit so far.:thumb

I just purchased a Garmin 2720. I looked at the Magellan but decided on the Garmin for the PC software. How did you mount it to your bike? Ram Mount?
Are you able to create routes on the PC and download them? The only thing I am disappointed with at this time is the 2720 doesn't have a battery. Good luck with your new GPS!

Back