• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

lust

f14rio

hope this isn't too far off topic. but my r1200r needs another stable mate.
2008 bonneville w 1200 mi.
i like my hi tec r12r but i miss the '87 r80 i traded it in for. also, i REALLY miss the r69s i traded in for the r80.

this thing talks to me.

so, i hope this is on the right forum but i would appreciate any inputs. it has a Cosy brand 'car., no brakes...around $9.0k total.

3n83k93m35V55U05P0b2hcdac02f22ebd17ee.jpg

Looks good to me! I have no idea about the price but I've seen many BMW rigs go for more than that. Triumphs make great sidecar rigs. This one belongs to a friend of ours. Their only complaint was about the limited cruising range. It turns heads where ever it goes.
It's a Thunderbird I believe.

100_0732.jpg

that is a fine looking rig

thanks for posting
i told my kids they'e not getting ANYTHING when i croak. i want them to be SAD at the funeral.
:dance
i was a bit concerned about the lucas electrics. took a look at the owners manual. it should be fine.
:)

fusereplacement.jpg

lucas electrics don't use electrons. they run on smoke. when something breaks the smoke leaks out. so the seller is throwing in this kit.
smoke2.jpg

Last edited:
BwaaaHaaaHaaaahaaaa.. . .. .. probably NLA.

Curious, why didn't you post this is Sidecars and Trikes?

thanks for posting

i was a bit concerned about the lucas electrics. took a look at the owners manual. it should be fine.

Few, if any Lucas electrics involved on the new Hinckley Triumphs. In fact as an owner of both BMW and Triumph who follows the owners' forums for both brands closely, there are far fewer online quality complaints about the Triumphs.

Hey all: F14RIO, that's a tasty looking Bonniville!! Be careful of the Cozy sidecar, as the stock mounts are designed for smaller, lighter bikes then the Triumph. I had thought about putting on on our R90, but was advised by the nearest Cozy dealer, that it wouldn't be a good idea. Seems like a pretty fair price though.... Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Lucus electrics are the reason the Brits drink room temprature beer. Lucus used to make refridgerators.

ELECTRICAL THEORY BY JOSEPH LUCAS
Positive ground depends on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of negative ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as ÔÇ£smokeÔÇØ. Smoke is the thing that makes electrical circuits work. We know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of an electrical circuit, it stops working. This can be verified repeatedly through empirical testing.

The Lucas motto: ÔÇ£Get home before dark.ÔÇØ
Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF. The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.
The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
If Lucas made guns, wars would not start
Back in the ÔÇÿ70s, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.
Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.
This has been referred to as the smoke theory - when the smoke comes out its finished, cooked or done for.

And remember: ÔÇ£A gentleman does not motor about after dark.ÔÇØ

Back