• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Like to pass this on -

My best friend lives in Denver, and he says that the city is so totally unprepared for blizzards- that they seem to have about THREE snowplows in the entire fleet.

My best friend lives in Denver, and he says that the city is so totally unprepared for blizzards- that they seem to have about THREE snowplows in the entire fleet.

denver unprepared for snow??? that seems sort of odd to me.

i love big snow storms, the bigger the better, compared to something like a devestating flood they're almost FUN. shoveling (yes, i'm weird, something about shoveling your walkway and then helping the old lady next door do hers makes me feel good), cross country skiing through the center of town, not being having to go to work for a few days cause everything is closed, honestly, there's little comparison to an event like katrina. the worst things that happen are stranded motorists and possible power outages and perhaps the occasional collapsed roof.

apples and oranges folks.

Yep, it's true according to him. The whole city kinda shuts down for a few days. Thing to remember is that Denver usually doesn't get a whole lot of snow, since it is not up in the mountains- it's just right next to them. Overall it's a pretty dry climate, and this recent rash of blizzards is definitely more the exception than the rule. Now also add in the fact that about 3/4 of Coloradans are former Texans...

:ha

Well said.

Rugged me is going to go back to my book and tea.
What he and User said.

I'm glad that many of the fine people of Colorado and New Mexico (where I also have family) stepped up. I'm glad that there weren't too many deaths and injuries.

As far as this letter, the couched racism and FOXesque cynicsim is insulting to the citizens of New Orleans and the along the Gulf Coast. It's insulting to all of us, actually.

I'm only amazied that the author didn't try to tie-in the misery, death and destruction experienced by the millions of people in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and the other places totalled by the '04 Tsunami.

Back