• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Late Edition Morning Reads: 22 June 2007

mika

Still Wondering
Today’s Birthdays / Calendar

birthday_cake_1.gif

Road Test >> Ducati 1098 S

Motorrad News:

dealernews.com
Moto Guzzi National Tour Showcases ‘Best-Ever’ model line up

crash.net

thekneeslider.com
Motorcycle recalls – KTM, Kawasaki x2, Harley Davidson

Cyrilhuzeblog.com
Why do we customize motorcycles?

Motocycles and news
Moto Guzi Norge wins Motociclismo 2007 Motorcycle of the Year Award

motorcycle-usa
H-D to Host “Garage Parties” for Women

thekneeslider.com
Yamaha Virago Waterbike

Other News :

industryweek.com
Fuctose biofuel spells sweeter news for shift out of oil

gizmag.com
British steam car aiming for 200mph land speed record

Feature:

goodwood.co.uk
Festival of Speed

Gear:

londonbikers.com[/url[
Londonbikes.cm

Photography / Video:

Unrealistic body images are not just an American/European norm. Here is a low fat tuna commercial with a bit of humor.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3u5D2P4NSXw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3u5D2P4NSXw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Then there is the ever popular –racing a pregnant woman to the hospital movie. This one via our Dutch website friends at oliepiel.nl and China
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lOfZBD2Tgyo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lOfZBD2Tgyo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Technology:

[url=http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-9732473-2.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Webware]webware.com

5 things you probably didn’t know you could do in Google’s Docs and Spreadsheets

M.R. Traveler

SHIPPING TO THE INT'L RALLY
How do I ship my gear to the Rally?
Packages will not be accepted before July 2.
Send your shipments to:
YOUR NAME, C/O BMW Rally, Washington County Fair Park, 3000 Hwy PV, West Bend, WI 53095

dailybulletin.com
Simple camping food sometimes the best

Weather

West Bend WI
Current

10 Day Forcast

United States
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Canada
Meteorological Service of Canada

Today’s RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

All things BMW: Page 2

Morning Reads: RALLY PAGES

158882431-S.jpg

A resource of information and links to information for use at the 2007 Rally

RALLY PAGES

What do you need to know to go to the rally…

SHIPPING TO THE INT'L RALLY
How do I ship my gear to the Rally?
Packages will not be accepted before July 2.

Send your shipments to:
YOUR NAME, C/O BMW Rally, Washington County Fair Park, 3000 Hwy PV, West Bend, WI 53095

home_logo2.png

The 35th BMWMOA International Rally Home Page
With links to:
Lodging
Volunteer
Rally Forum
FAQs
Secure Services

Rally Schedule

Entertainment Schedule

Track Day in Wisconsin, July 13

Event Registration

Link to registration form

BMW MOA Foundation Rally Classes – 2007

WISCONSIN

Trails.com: Best Scenic Drives in Wisconsin

WisconsinMotorcycling.com

TravelWisconsin.com : Maps and Guides - Who doesn't love a free map or travel brochure? Take your pick below. You can download them for instant fulfillment. Or have us mail honest-to-goodness printed versions right to your door.

State of Wisconsin Portal

TravelWisconsin.com the official state tourism site.

Washington County home page

West Bend home page and FAQ

Washington County Fair Park

Free Travel Maps & Guides

DOT – Wisconsin – Maps – A variety of online maps and resources. Bicycle maps, detailed county (check out the double letter roads!), rest areas, main trunk highways, truck routs, work zones and map ordering sources.

Rustic Roads

Rustic Roads program goals
to identify and preserve in a natural and essentially undisturbed condition certain designated roads having unusual or outstanding natural beauty, by virtue of native vegetation along with natural or man-made features associated with the road

to provide a linear park-like system for vehicular, bicycle and pedestrian travel for quiet and leisurely enjoyment by local residents and the general public alike

to maintain and administer these roads to provide safe public travel, yet preserve the rustic and scenic qualities through use of appropriate maintenance and design standards, and encouragement of zoning for land use compatibility, utility regulations and billboard control

DNR.state.WI – Wisconsin State Park System
Admission sticker information and fees

Online Travel Center - The Travel Center is a collection of interactive maps that display important and timely information to assist travelers in making choices for safe and enjoyable trips through Wisconsin.

Milwaukee-area current travel information

Wisconsin State Patorl office locations

Southeast Region
Wisconsin State Patrol Waukesha Post
Captain Varla J. Bishop, Commander
Lieutenant Theodore J. Meagher, Executive Officer
21115 East Moreland Boulevard
Waukesha, WI 53186-2985
Phone: (262) 785-4700
Fax: (262) 785-4723
Waukesha Post counties:
Serves Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha

Custard Stand List of Wisconsin

Wisconsin Artisan Dairy Association

Wisconsin Winery Association

Wisconsin Cheese and Dairy Product Information

Wisconsin Attractions – Lighthouses

The Yellowstone Trail – Wisconsin

Wisconsin Sport Bike Roads

The Mustard Museum of Mount Horeb

Wisconsin Brewpubs and Micro Breweries

Weather
West Bend WI
Current

10 Day Forcast

United States
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Canada
Meteorological Service of Canada

Travel Information – Driving Conditions and other related information sites.

Bike Candy

164595692-L.jpg

BMW Motorrad Motorsport: WEC Italy 2007

THE END

All things BMW: Page 2

World of BMW news

BMW Motorrad supports Automotive Technician Accreditation for motorcycles

BMW Rider Training- New dates announced for poplular level 2 course

Take your DAS course with BMW Rider Training

BMW Group Press Club:

BMW Group Press Club:

Tracking the news from BMW at their English language sites and Germany

PressClub Germany

Masterly quantity in the palace garden: BMW with the Goodwood festival OF speed 2007

Munich. Under the slogan ÔÇ£Spark OF genius - Breaking record, Pushing BoundariesÔÇØ loads lord March again to the loudest, gardenparty' the world: Goodwood festival OF speed, annual Stelldichein for the engine haven legends from once and today. To the regular customers in the garden of the lord mobile tradition belongs since years BMW. In this year the mark BMW celebrates its 90j?ñhriges existence and but nine running icons into the south of England was brought, in order to celebrate the Jubilar accordingly. For BMW among other things Andy Priaulx, Chris Bangle, Marc Surer and Helmut Daehne go to the start of the maintained hilly stretch lord of the March.

Under the racing cars also two vehicles will be, which provided together in the past year for sensation: on the one hand the BMW of 328 Mille Miglia Touring Coup?® from the year 1939, winner in Le Mans, with the Mille Miglia and one of the most successful racing vehicles in the history of the mark BMW - on the other hand BMW Concept Coup?® Mille Miglia 2006 as a Hommage to the abilities, successes and the passion of the engine haven pioneers from once. Both vehicles together knew so far only with the Mille Miglia 2006 and with the Concorso d'Eleganza mansion d'Este 2007 to be admired. But contrary to these appearances both cars are limited Goodwood not to a static exhibition, but their virtues on a racing course will for the first time demonstrate. In the cockpit of the Touring Coup?®s the director/conductor BMW of the Group Design, will sit Chris Bangle.

The Concept Coup?® will drive differently Warming, from whose hand the first sketches for the vehicle originate. The oldest car, which drives in this year for BMW by the palace garden from Goodwood, is BMW R-S 500 compressor. With this model George, Schorsch' Meier hurried 1938 from victory to victory. With the festival OF speed will sit Ernst Hiller in the saddle the compressor BMW. Hiller was 1957, 1958, 1959 as well as 1962 German master in the 500 ccm solo class, won various large ones of prices and applied for the English technical periodical, Motorcycle' as a ÔÇ£best private driver of EuropeÔÇØ. As the second motorcycle BMW R90S on the distance will go. Behind the steering wheel sits Helmut Daehne, who since its victory on the Isle OF one enjoys large popularity with the tourist Trophy 1976 in Great Britain.

From the possession of Dieter T?Âgel originates BMW 3,0 CSL Schnitzer from 1974. With the CSL BMW attained large Bekanntheitsgrad in particular in Great Britain and the United States. With six European champion titles as well as numerous successes in the American IMSA-GT series the spectacular Renncoup?®s entered racing history. In Goodwood the owner will sit behind the steering wheel of the Schnitzer CSL.

With BMW the M3 group of A connect the racing fans usually the victory series with the different international and national route car championships since 1987. However at least just as spectacularly is the Rallyeeins?ñtze of the M3 admits less. Herbert rider shows its M3 with the festival OF speed, with which BMW 1987 could decide the Rallye Korsika for itself.

Marc Surer began its career with BMW in the junior team 1977. Its career led Swiss into the formula 1. In Goodwood Surer presents a vehicle, which is available since short for private drivers: the running execution BMW of the Z4 M Coup?®s. 400 HP strong racing cars promises to become again the winner vehicle for the private drivers. Long proved, which potential is in it, has BMW 320si WTCC. With this potent BMW 3er won Andy Priaux already 2006 for the second time for BMW team UK the route car world championship. The double world champion will sit in Goodwood themselves behind the steering wheel.

Motorsports PressClub

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Silverstone - Day two

Test in Silverstone
19th - 21st June 2007
Day two - Wednesday

Weather conditions: Bright start, clouding over later and scattered showers in the afternoon

Temperatures: Air: 17-22??C, Track: 18-31??C

Number of cars participating: 9

Fastest lap overall (track length: 5.141 km): Jarno Trulli (Panasonic Toyota Racing), 1:21.420 min

Timo Glock
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.07-06 / BMW P86/7 V8
Test kilometres today: 432 km (84 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:22.481 min on lap 58

Programme:
Timo Glock started the first of his two days of testing. He was able to complete the tyre testing in the morning as the rain did not come until the afternoon. Other work on the programme included suspension development and aero work. Unfortunately the schedule was disrupted by the afternoon showers, so the team was not able to complete all the work it had planned. Despite this the results were positive and the team was happy.

What comes next:
The team is hoping that Timo will be able to finish the race preparation for the Grand Prix at Silverstone on th
e 8th July, but this will be weather permitting as the forecast is not good.
BMW Sauber F1 Team - Interview with BMW Sauber F1 Team Driver Robert Kubica

Interview with BMW Sauber F1 Team Driver Robert Kubica.
21 June 2007

Robert, how do you feel?

Robert Kubica: "I feel very well and it was touching how often I was asked this question! I received so many good wishes from all over the world and want to thank everybody for this."

What have you been doing since you left Indianapolis?

Robert Kubica: "I am pretty bored with doing nothing. I am not used to resting for such a long period - no test, no pr days. But, of course, I have used the time for my fitness preparation in Italy and am also in constant contact with Josef Leberer, our team's physio."

How was the reaction in Poland?

Robert Kubica: "Although I did not go to Poland I know from my family that my accident in Montreal was quite a shock in Poland and I have received a lot of cheering messages from all my friends and fans living in Poland. The 30 minutes after the accident were very tough for my relatives in Poland until they got the information that I was not injured."

Do you think the accident will have an influence on your driving in the future?

Robert Kubica: "No, definitely not. I always knew that with a single seater and open wheels an accident like this could happen. Also it can always happen again. This is the same for every driver and we are all aware of it. I feel what happened is more encouraging than worrying thanks to the outcome that you still can climb out without being hurt. The improved safety regulations from the FIA plus the "safety first" approach of our BMW Sauber F1 Team engineers and designers have made this possible. I would like to say a big personal thank you to all of them. If I had been born earlier I would have still wanted to race in Formula One, but most likely would have suffered injuries. I feel I am lucky to be racing in modern Formula One."

What are your feelings ahead of the French Grand Prix?

Robert Kubica: "Well, as I said, I can't wait to race! But whether I am allowed to or not is down to the decision of the official doctors, who I have to see before the race in Magny-Cours."

WTCC 2007 - Fredrik Ekblom celebrates his WTCC debut with BMW Team UK

FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) 2007
Fredrik Ekblom celebrates his WTCC debut with BMW Team UK.

Munich, 21st June 2007. Three of the remaining six FIA WTCC race events this season will see BMW Team UK receive extra reinforcement in the shape of Fredrik Ekblom (SWE). The 36-year-old Swede will be celebrating his World Touring Car Championship debut on home ground on 29th July 2007, when he joins team-mate Andy Priaulx (GBR) on the "Scandinavian Raceway" in Anderstorp for the first time. Further race appearances are scheduled in Monza (ITA) and at the season finale in Macau (CHN).
An old hand in racing, Ekblom is already familiar with Belgium's RBM Team under the auspices of team boss Bart Mampaey (BEL). In the European Touring Car Championship 2002 Ekblom sported the colours of BMW Team Belgium in his BMW 320i, managing three podium appearances and a total of 21 points for the season. "Fredrik is no stranger to us," said Bart Mampaey. "Six years ago our RBM Team joined its first FIA Touring Car competition with him in its ranks. Now we are pleased to have him back, supporting Andy Priaulx in the fight for the title. In the closing stages of the World Championship it is especially helpful for a team to have two cars on the starting grid."
"I am pleased to be able to join six World Championship races for BMW Team UK - two of which will even be happening in my home country at Anderstorp," Ekblom said. "I have never lost contact to RBM and I have followed the team's enormous success over the years with great enthusiasm. It is really impressive to see what Bart Mampaey has managed to build up with his crew and with Andy Priaulx. I had a good time with them in 2002 and hope that I can contribute a few points as we move into the deciding stages of the championship."
Ekblom is quite familiar with the BMW 320si WTCC that will carry the Swedish flag, having already raced it for Team WestCoast Racing in the Swedish Touring Car Championship (STCC). After five race weekends he is currently leading the championship on 29 points, already winning the race series twice in 1998 and 2003. Ekblom is also an experienced driver of other BMW cars, having joined the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) in a BMW M3 GTR in 2001.
For two-times World Touring Car Champion Andy Priaulx, this will not be the first time he has had a team-mate for extra support: in 2005 and 2006 Duncan Huisman (NLD) and Jan Magnussen (DEN) joined BMW Team UK to support the Englishman in his fight for the title at the showdown in Macau.
One month after this year's WTCC final, London's brand new Wembley Stadium will be hosting another highlight for Priaulx: the Race of Champions. Last Wednesday the 32-year-old took his BMW 320si WTCC to the official presentation of the event, which shows how the best drivers in the world measure up when driving different race cars. But before the big day comes round on 16th December 2007, Priaulx will be looking to defend his title one more time with the help of Fredrik Ekblom

BMW Sauber F1 | Formula 1

Back