• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75 Transmission Fluid Leak

burnszilla

I noticed tranny oil leaking from my K75C. It's sprayed all over the inside left of the bell housing near the swing arm. The rubber clutch rod boot is dry as a bone. The gear shift seal is dry. I can't tell where the oil is coming from. Unless its oil from the old boot leak. Perhaps I should just clean it up and see if it leaks again.

Check the transmission fluid level, and make sure that nothing is coming out the transmission breather vent, which is located under the battery tray.

Nothing coming out of there.
I cleaned it up today I think it was oil left over from the old leaky boot.
We'll see.

After you've completely degreased all surface areas, try spraying some antiperspirant over the affected areas. The source of the leak, if any, will be easier to isolate as any escaping oil gets soaked up by the powder in the spray leaving a trace/track.

Back