• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1200LT Passenger armrests

J

JOHNNYMEZZ

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing passenger armrests for my 02 K1200LT. For the last 3 years my wife hasn't had any complaints, but now she thinks that they may provide a more comfortable and safe ride on those long distance hauls. Being in the Northeast and the cooler temps, the heated seat sometimes makes her a little sleepy! I've really only seen two types...any input or recommendations? I'd appreciate it!

Arm rests

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing passenger armrests for my 02 K1200LT. For the last 3 years my wife hasn't had any complaints, but now she thinks that they may provide a more comfortable and safe ride on those long distance hauls. Being in the Northeast and the cooler temps, the heated seat sometimes makes her a little sleepy! I've really only seen two types...any input or recommendations? I'd appreciate it!

Don Muddiman (Eagle 1) arm rests are highly recommended by the members of the BMWLT website. I have a set on my LT and the wife loves them.

www.eagle-i.us

Roy

More sleep!

Maybe if she is like me, more sleep will help. I'm guilty and have poor sleep habits and I'm the driver, oooops:). I wonder how to stay awake sometimes, too and never seem to get enough zzzzzz's. Armrests are very nice, indeed, but I rid'in to stay awake and enjoy the scenes. I know her situation on the back. I have a spouse back there too, occasionally. I think if she starts leaning in the straighaways, I'm going to stop for a nap in a shady spot:). Happy LT'in, armrests and all, Randy13233 KLT,R100/7:p

Snoozin'

Maybe if she is like me, more sleep will help. I'm guilty and have poor sleep habits and I'm the driver, oooops:). I wonder how to stay awake sometimes, too and never seem to get enough zzzzzz's. Armrests are very nice, indeed, but I rid'in to stay awake and enjoy the scenes. I know her situation on the back. I have a spouse back there too, occasionally. I think if she starts leaning in the straighaways, I'm going to stop for a nap in a shady spot:). Happy LT'in, armrests and all, Randy13233 KLT,R100/7:p

There's just something about those seats that set her into snooze mode. I try to keep up constant chatter and to point out things of interest, but I know it's hard for her in the back. I just thought armrests might provide a little piece of mind if she does start that lean over. To be honest, I don't know how she can sleep sitting upright!!!

Thank you

Don Muddiman (Eagle 1) arm rests are highly recommended by the members of the BMWLT website. I have a set on my LT and the wife loves them.

www.eagle-i.us

Roy

Thank you for the recommendation. Is the mounting adequate being underneath the speakers? How about restriction of sound when in the upright position, is it even noticeable?

Thank you for the recommendation. Is the mounting adequate being underneath the speakers? How about restriction of sound when in the upright position, is it even noticeable?

John,
they mount using the hinges for the top box. If you go to the website there are detailed installation instructions available.

As for if the arm rests block sound from the rear speakers? I can't answer this in a positive manner since I have an intercom system. A side note; when sitting still with the radio on, which speakers can you hear the most? In my case I would say only the front speakers.

Roy

Back