• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jimmy Buffett- dead at 76

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Looks like another of the "old guard" of well followed entertainers has passed.

jb_final_splash_1693635711.jpg

Jimmy Buffet has died at 76.

If you have never been to a Jimmy Buffett concert, you probably won't really understand the attraction and fan loyalty that JB's "Parrot-Head" followers had for the entertainer.
Buffett concerts were an experience in so many ways. From the parking lot fan displays to the audience participation during the shows.

230902-jimmy-buffett-ha-ea9d92.jpg

JB's shows were some of the most fun shows I have ever been to..... probably been to a dozen.

If you remember Rancho Deluxe, it was a movie that JB wrote the music for in his early years.....Sam Waterstone may want to forget his part. :D
Some of his "Bit" parts included being at the controls of the plane in the movie Congo as he was an accomplished pilot.

Nice write up from NBC News- https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...garitaville-singer-dies-songwriter-rcna103104

RIP Jimmy.

Thanks for the memories.

OM

Last edited:
Buffett concerts were an experience in so many ways. From the parking lot fan displays to the audience participation during the shows.

Well before that time, in the early 70s, he used to stop in at the University of Florida to play, on his way back to his new home in the Keys. The experience was far different then because he was just coming on, and not *the* Jimmy Buffett.

Man, this is truly a bummer, and hits way too close to home.

Thank you, indeed, Jimmy… for all the good times.

Well before that time, in the early 70s, he used to stop in at the University of Florida to play, on his way back to his new home in the Keys. The experience was far different then because he was just coming on, and not *the* Jimmy Buffett.

Man, this is truly a bummer, and hits way too close to home.

Thank you, indeed, Jimmy… for all the good times.
I know what you mean. The first couple of times I heard him play were in the lounge of the Admiral Benbow Inn in Mobile and after he could fill a larger venue, the Civic Center in Dothan, AL.

Paul McCartney ·
It seems that so many wonderful people are leaving this world, and now Jimmy Buffett is one of them. I’ve known Jimmy for some time and found him to be one of the kindest and most generous people.
I remember once on holiday when I had forgotten to bring my guitar and was itching to play. He said he would get me one of his, but I said, ‘I’m left-handed’. So, Jimmy had his roadie restring one of his guitars which he loaned me for the duration of the holiday. He then followed this act of generosity by giving me my own beautiful left-handed guitar that had been made by one of his guitar-making pals. It’s a beautiful instrument, and every time I play it now it’ll remind me of what a great man Jimmy was.
He had a most amazing lust for life and a beautiful sense of humour. When we swapped tales about the past his were so exotic and lush and involved sailing trips and surfing and so many exciting stories that it was hard for me to keep up with him.
Right up to the last minute his eyes still twinkled with a humour that said, ‘I love this world and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it’.
So many of us will miss Jimmy and his tremendous personality. His love for us all, and for mankind as a whole.
Last, but not least, is his songwriting and vocal ability. If someone made an interesting remark he repeated it in his gorgeous Louisiana drawl and said, ‘That’s a good idea for a song’. Most times it didn’t take too long for that song to appear. I was very happy to have played on one of his latest songs called ‘My Gummy Just Kicked In’. We had a real fun session and he played me some of his new songs. One, in particular, I loved was the song, ‘Bubbles Up’. And I told him that not only was the song great but the vocal was probably the best I’ve heard him sing ever. He turned a diving phrase that is used to train people underwater into a metaphor for life when you’re confused and don’t know where you are just follow the bubbles - they’ll take you up to the surface and straighten you out right away.
So long, Jim. You are a very special man and friend and it was a great privilege to get to know you and love you. Bubbles up, my friend.
Love, Paul

JB’s last (surprise) show. Island Park, Sunset Cove, Portsmouth RI-

I always hoped he was having as good a time as it seemed.

OM

The CMA (Country Music Awards) last evening had a couple of nice tributes to JB-

:)

OM

The fan comments on these videos are really representative of JB's fan base-

OM

A tribute concert in the spring.... I wonder what stadium will be filled?

Mac McAnally On Jimmy Buffett Tribute, Favorite Jimmy Buffett Memory & More | CMA Awards 2023

OM

Back