• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I wonder which mounts are universal - opine on GS accessories

the Wizard of Oz
so i pulled the trigger on a nice 2016 f700 GS and posted the Q in the particular forum, but thought I shouldn't limit responses to such a narrow group. I want to get aluminum panniers, a rear rack, engine guards, a skid plate. Dealer likes Zega's. R'zilla ( no connection) has Givi for slightly less $$. I never done any off-road or ADV type riding, but I'm aiming at classes and a bucket-list Alaska trip and whatever else i can scare up.:dance

I'd appreciate your experience and ideas.

GS accessories

I ordered an F7 back in Nov and pick it up in a couple weeks. We're in FL and get back up north beginning of April. I just finished ordering a list of addons. For panniers I chose the ones from Brooks (http://brooksautosports.com). Good reviews on You Tube and advrider.com. Can't beat the price compared to TT and Jesse. Brooks also have rear racks. I've got one left from my R1200GS I'll be using so it's not on my list. I also opted for the Puig crashbars (revzilla). Checked out a lot of them and these fit my needs and they were a real good price. They are mostly for when (not if) I drop the bike. Had a set of BMW bars on my R1200GS and they saved parts more than once. Haven't done the skid plate as I'm not really an off-road junky. So don't really need it.
Enjoy the new ride. I'll see mine for the first time on the 8th. It was in the crate till last Fri. Plan on taking it to SLC for the MOA rally. A friend is going with me and is getting a '16 R1200GS soon so we'll both be on new bikes. Can hardly wait.
Mick

me too

I ordered an F7 back in Nov and pick it up in a couple weeks. We're in FL and get back up north beginning of April. I just finished ordering a list of addons. For panniers I chose the ones from Brooks (http://brooksautosports.com). Good reviews on You Tube and advrider.com. Can't beat the price compared to TT and Jesse. Brooks also have rear racks. I've got one left from my R1200GS I'll be using so it's not on my list. I also opted for the Puig crashbars (revzilla). Checked out a lot of them and these fit my needs and they were a real good price. They are mostly for when (not if) I drop the bike. Had a set of BMW bars on my R1200GS and they saved parts more than once. Haven't done the skid plate as I'm not really an off-road junky. So don't really need it.
Enjoy the new ride. I'll see mine for the first time on the 8th. It was in the crate till last Fri. Plan on taking it to SLC for the MOA rally. A friend is going with me and is getting a '16 R1200GS soon so we'll both be on new bikes. Can hardly wait.
Mick

I know I scorched one guy off bc i posted my q's in 3 different areas, but, "La guerre." I decided on Givi bags and mounts and some other smaller accessories like crash bars. Got a skid plate, not bc I Really Really expect to do much off-roading ...tho I do have Alaska on my old-guy-bucket. And a headlight guard bc I live in Chicago and lots of s--t gets kicked up. I've seen plenty of online crit' of the F7, but I'm looking fwd to picking my '16 up later this week, and planning on the GS shindig in Idaho the week previous and the Nat'l in July. I plan it every year but seem to actually make about every ten.
Look for me. I'll be in the beer tent ...and the guy with the shiny, not-muddy, pristine F7 GS...Grey, btw

Last edited:
F7 accesseries

Speaking of headlights. Go to advmonster.com and check out the H7 R3 LED headlight bulbs. Once again, a lot of info on advrider.com about these. After reading through the posts in the parallel universe and vendor forum, I got a pair. I had HID's on my 1200 and loved them. Combined with the LED spots and floods, when you hit the high beam, night became day. When I saw the LED headlights from ADV Monster, I had to have them. Can't wait to get them and my aux lights installed.
I'll definitely be in the beer tent. Several times I might add. If you're walking around and see a shiny Fire Engine Red F7 with the black Brooks panniers, that'll be me.
Mick

Speaking of headlights. Go to advmonster.com and check out the H7 R3 LED headlight bulbs. Once again, a lot of info on advrider.com about these. After reading through the posts in the parallel universe and vendor forum, I got a pair. I had HID's on my 1200 and loved them. Combined with the LED spots and floods, when you hit the high beam, night became day. When I saw the LED headlights from ADV Monster, I had to have them. Can't wait to get them and my aux lights installed.
I'll definitely be in the beer tent. Several times I might add. If you're walking around and see a shiny Fire Engine Red F7 with the black Brooks panniers, that'll be me.
Mick

interesting. thx

Back