• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hash House Harriers. (?)

griffin738

** newbie **
Just wondering, is anyone out there into "hashing?" It's a loosely organized running / beer-drinking / social activity / organization with chapters pretty much everywhere. In a single statement, it's "a drinking club with a running problem." A google search on "Hash House Harriers" will tell you more than you ever wanted to know, adding your state or city name will tell you how close it is to you.

I'm fairly active in the DC area. Just wondering if anyone else out there is in on that type of fun.

NOTE: fully agreed that beer and motorcycles do no play well together!

I dated a guy for a while who was a Hasher. IIRC he wore a red dress to Hasher runs. But that's not why I broke up with him. :) Fun group of folks.

BradfordBenn said:
Let's see, running and drinking... so I can run off calories as I go. Cool :)
Spoken like a true hashing visionary!!!

boxergrrlie said:
I dated a guy for a while who was a Hasher. IIRC he wore a red dress to Hasher runs. But that's not why I broke up with him.
Yes, the red dress run is a delightful annual oddity. Quite nice! A year ago we had just shy of 1,000 people running the streets of DC, all in red dresses. Ridiculousness (and harmlessness) is the name of the game! A good break from the real world. . . . . .and good to hear that the hash wasn't a contributor to the breakup!

On-On

It's been a while (Reagan was President), but the runs that I remember were a lot of fun (the ones that I don't remember were probably better).

Wow, flash back to a different time in my life. Yep, I've been a hasher even got a name "Navigator",for getting about 60 people back from the jungle after the sun went down somewhere in Laos. Took about all the tracking skills I could muster since we had run back and forth and crossed many of the same trails several times throughout the run. ON-ON my a$$. It was a long night but I drank for free the rest of the night.

Had a great time, even got to suck some suds out of a very nasty shoe for being a Noob on my first Hash Run.

Yep, "Drinkers with a running problem" pretty much sums it up. But a lot of fun. I did one in North Carolina but the rest were either in Laos or Thailand.

Doc :bottle

Back in the mid 90's when my knees were still letting me run, I hashed for a summer or two. The fun was really the novelty of it. Had a hash name that I can't repeat here. It was fun. We did runs through neighborhoods, downtown Nashville, and in the boon docks starting somewhere and ending somewhere else but never sure how we got there. All ranges of running ability, plenty of beer at the mid point and end, and some crazy and fun folks.

Back