• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

General 650CS ABS question

stagewex

I have been looking at used BMW's to compensate for the fact that I have been using my 1969 r60/2 as an every day rider. As a devote airhead & oilhead guy I have been amazed at some of the other models BMW has been putting out over the years but I never really had interest in or liked. Saw and rode a few "K" Bikes and yesterday I test rode a 2005 F650CS with ABS, just 8000 miles. Seems like a rich man's KLR650 to me.

Question I had for those that may own one of these... there was a constant red light showing on the instrument panel in the upper right hand corner. The owner/seller didn't know what it meant and thought perhaps it was "low fuel level". Seems like that is usually a yellow light. But I didn't have a chance to look at the owners manual and it was getting dark. Anyone know?

My CS didn't have ABS, so I couldn't say, but you might be able to find some help over at www.f650.com. They have an excellent FAQ as well as a forum dedicated to the CS.

Thanks. I was just stating that the bike was a model with ABS. I have no idea what that red light means or has to do with. If there was an on-line version of the owners manual then I could just take a look at the display function page.
Even though this was a nicely set-up bike the fact that the owner didn't know makes me skeptical.

Back