• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fuel level sensor

johnyoung

I'm trying to either replace my fuel level sensor on my 95k75rt or somehow repair it as there isn't any available for sale, unless someone has one I'm interested in it.
So trying to rehab the one I have it's unclear how the wires that pass into the tank I'm unclear where the yellow pump wire and the blue wire how and where they attach. I've seen pics of where they are located, but mine have come loose from where, and how they attach. Any help is appreciated. Thank you,
John

New to K bike guy here. Many threads, including this one, contain a reference to “early K bikes”. Is there a definition for that? Is the OPs 1995 K75 (and my 1993) an “early K bike”?

New to K bike guy here. Many threads, including this one, contain a reference to “early K bikes”. Is there a definition for that? Is the OPs 1995 K75 (and my 1993) an “early K bike”?

“Early Kbikes” are considered to be all K75, K100, K1, and K1100 models. Your ‘93 is an early K.

K1200 models are not considered to be “Early Ks”. But they are “Flying Bricks” along with all the early Ks.

:dance:dance:dance

Well, I consider "early" and "classic" K bikes to be a bit different than I just read here. The K100 was introduced in Europe and other places in 1983 and then in the US in 1985. These bikes had an infamous fuel strip and automotive type electrical connectors. Both were disasters and these features were discontinued in 1986. I consider the 1983-1985 (introduced in the US in '85) to be early K bikes. I consider the 1986-1995 K75, the K100, and the K1100 LT and RS bikes to be the "classic" K bikes/ The K1200 bikes are split. The lay down four bikes are classic and the upright forward leaning engines are not.

As an aside, I just drove a CAR a few thousand miles with a 1600 cc engine and 40 mpg performance. About the same or a bit better than a K1600 BMW motorcycle which is not early nor classic. :)

Back