• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally joined, another NorCal guy

berndt

I rode my first BMW in the early 80's, a father in laws r60/2,that I rode the wheels off of. I grew up in Oshkosh Wisconsin and moved to Sf from Milwaukee in 91 after being deployed in the first gulf War.
Next I got a r60/5 from a fellow I was in the Coast Guard with. Rode that for a bit too.
After I moved to San Francisco I worked for Sandy Kosman for a while, I remember him getting on the phone with Germany when he found out I was a bmw guy and found a Krauser frame rolling chassis for 2200$,but at that time that was a fortune to me and I couldn't afford it. I tend to take these motorcycle breaks then come back to it, round fin guzzis always were fun, but the air heads tend to stay fixed better for me than guzzis. Drove and restored a paralever gs for a while and then got a new rt liquid that I enjoyed but it was a bit cramped for my 6'7" size.
I just got a new old gs that had been sitting since 05 behind a friend's house. I was going to just get it running but I can't leave well enough alone so it's getting stripped down right now.
I'm a San Francisco municipal employee and I really am grateful for the experience. myFacebookPhoto_1539268060962.jpgScreenshot_20170629-112254.pngScreenshot_20180626-115057.pngPXL_20230222_000555678.jpgIMG_20181223_085418_622~2.jpgFB_IMG_1578082510586.jpg

Welcome aboard! One of the ships I served on went dead in the water off the Oregon coast and had to be rescued by a CG cutter that made an emergency run to Radio Shack (which tells you how old our ship was ). Though it was humiliating, I’ve always had respect for the men and women who served on those pristine white ships

Will we see you at the rally in Virginia?

Pete

Welcome back, Berndt, is appropriate what with your long involvement with BMWs!

Hope U enjoy your NoCal environs as best U can. Your area is very busy in/around SF Bay. We have friends in Half Moon Bay, so we’ve ridden thru a few times.
Y’all have some very good brewers & vintners, that’s for sure! :beer

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Welcome back, Berndt, is appropriate what with your long involvement with BMWs!

Hope U enjoy your NoCal environs as best U can. Your area is very busy in/around SF Bay. We have friends in Half Moon Bay, so we’ve ridden thru a few times.
Y’all have some very good brewers & vintners, that’s for sure! :beer

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

NorCal, please. :ha

Doh! My Bad... :dunno

Okay, I’m certainly uninformed.
Sorta thought NoCal was the opposite of SoCal; guess it would imply Low in Calories... ;)

Jus sayin, IMHO, this is the Bestest Brewery in North ‘Merica! Hope you’ve been there & done that. :beer
https://www.stonebrewing.com/visit/bistros/escondido

Have Fun, Will Travel... :usa
Phil & Karen

Been there, done that and yep, great beers. They're part of the great brewing scene that is San Diego County, though they're 500 miles away. I wish they'd start selling Ripper again. That was a fave; not too high alcohol, big fruit inspired hop profile that wasn't cloying like some "tropical IPAs" can get to.

Up here, you want some Russian River, Lagunitas or Fort Point. Pliny the Elder is absolutely amazing, and if you can find it, Pliny the Younger generally causes a line outside the brewery when it's ready to be released. Fort Point Kolsch seems to be emerging as a local session beer with a bit under 5% alcohol and brewed to style.

I'm becoming a big fan of Henhouse Brewing and Barrel Brothers, who are both up in Sonoma County. Barrel Brothers Fresh Rinse, which they call "shower beer", is just about at the top of my faves right now, next to their Dad Pants Lager.

I guess I should go find a beer thread here, eh? :ha

And thanks on the NorCal. :thumb

Welcome berndt! Glad you are here and hopefully it will be for a long while. Thanks for posting all the pics...very cool.

Back