• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Exhaust pipe interchangeability

bmidd

Are the mufflers on the R/RS/RT the same and can they be swapped? Not really liking the big chrome pipe on my 2017.
Thanks

Are the mufflers on the R/RS/RT the same and can they be swapped? Not really liking the big chrome pipe on my 2017.
Thanks

I'm not sure about interchanging between models, but I just replaced the stock one on my 2023 RS with a Remus Black Hawk.

53127833089_70d9987991_b.jpg

I'm using Black widow header that is listed for about all the R bikes . A Titanium adapter from the huge 64 mm to 52 mm to attach a Akropovic carbon / titanium can from a 1999 to 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1100 / 1200 . The whole system weighs in at 9 pounds and 4 ounces vs OEM of 24 pounds not counting the 15 ounce flapper servo motor controller. Sound is great on the gas , and quiet on cruising

Akro exhaust from side.jpgRS with Full exhaust.jpg

Of all the accessory pipes I've see, that's the best looking one. Much lighter I'll bet.

Almost half the weight. ~6 1/2 v. almost 13, but Taking that small amount off such a big bike is hardly significant. My priority was appearance and compared to what some call the "chrome cannon," I'm quite pleased. I was quite surprised the stock can didn't weigh more.

I've had a Remus Hypercone on my 2013 Street Triple almost since I bought it new in March 2013. I'm very happy with their quality.

.... My priority was appearance and compared to what some call the "chrome cannon," .....

I had a chrome cannon on my K1200S. If you've got a strong stomach, google an image of a 2005 model. :laugh
I called it The Howitzer before I changed it out for a pipe from Scorpion.

I'm using Black widow header that is listed for about all the R bikes . A Titanium adapter from the huge 64 mm to 52 mm to attach a Akropovic carbon / titanium can from a 1999 to 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1100 / 1200 . The whole system weighs in at 9 pounds and 4 ounces vs OEM of 24 pounds not counting the 15 ounce flapper servo motor controller. Sound is great on the gas , and quiet on cruising

Thanks for the idea! I have an old Akra can from an FZ1 sitting around. Can you remember where you purchased that 64 to 52mm adapter?

View attachment 92822View attachment 92823

Thanks for the idea! I have an old Akra can from an FZ1 sitting around. Can you remember where you purchased that 64 to 52mm adapter?

I don't see why a 1250 RT muffler won't fit. I looked at the parts fiche and it has all the same connectors and shielding. They change the part numbers on the muffler itself, but it looks like it will fit. Found a used 1250 RT Akra and might just pull the trigger on it.

Just for future reference, I ordered a used Akrapovic from ebay for a 1250RT and it fits perfectly. Paid half of a new slip on and it looks brand new, I'll post pics later.
Thanks for those that helped with answers and hopefully this will help others in the future.

Just for future reference, I ordered a used Akrapovic from ebay for a 1250RT and it fits perfectly. Paid half of a new slip on and it looks brand new, I'll post pics later.
Thanks for those that helped with answers and hopefully this will help others in the future.

Good information and nice follow up. :thumb

OM

Finally got a picture...I tend to ride and never take pictures. Been know to go to a week long Rally and take 2 pics.

Attachments

• Akra pipe 091723.jpg
    Akra pipe 091723.jpg
    693.9 KB · Views: 39
Back